1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Pack For An Upcoming Trip

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by maxnharry, Jul 1, 2006.

1. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

Am going to be taking a trip to a tropical clime where I will be luggage limited.

I have already decided to bring a navy 2b fresco suit (I am told I will need a suit from time to time) and a while and blue dress shirt.

I am having trouble deciding if I should bring a pair of khakis or a pair of wool trousers and in what color.

Finally, I have room for a single pair of shoes and was leaning toward a pair of black Grenson slip ons, but those will be trouble with the khakis.

Any thoughts?

2. stach

stach Well-Known Member

Light color might be better.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Khakis should be ok but do dark brown slip-ons. How about some light weight sweaters? Is there room for linen shirt and/or pants?

4. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

Thanks-I guess the dark brown slip ons are the way to go. Only have a brown double monk and cordovan weejun right now.

Any ideas about a good brown slip on?

5. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

No black. No charcoal.

Buy flip flops there.