• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me like this Zegna jacket

poelow

Reaction score
I impulse bought this because it was $240 at Marshalls.... took it home and couldn't find much in my limited wardrobe that I liked with it. Didn't work well with plain white shirt, though there is some more promise with a light blue. Also wasn't loving the charcoal or khaki slacks. Steeply marked down for a reason or am I just not creative enough?

I still have 20 days to return but want to make it work as I otherwise enjoy the fit and lines. Tell me what you would dress this with! Please :D

h4YpY43.jpg

MosLcww.jpg

dDn4SOK.jpg

[ATTACHMENT=12567]IMG_9481.JPG (2,345k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=12568][ATTACHMENT=12569]IMG_9478.JPG (8,317k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a really nice jacket and definitely a steal at $240 if it fits you, congrats.

You should be able to make it work. Yes to the light blue shirt. Charcoal trousers are too dark so there won't be enough contrast with the jacket. I'd try medium grey/fawn/oatmeal flannel trousers with that jacket.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get rid of it - fast

TOstyle

Reaction score

I impulse bought this because it was $240 at Marshalls.... took it home and couldn't find much in my limited wardrobe that I liked with it. Didn't work well with plain white shirt, though there is some more promise with a light blue. Also wasn't loving the charcoal or khaki slacks. Steeply marked down for a reason or am I just not creative enough?

I still have 20 days to return but want to make it work as I otherwise enjoy the fit and lines. Tell me what you would dress this with! Please :D

h4YpY43.jpg

MosLcww.jpg

dDn4SOK.jpg

[ATTACHMENT=12567]IMG_9481.JPG (2,345k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=12568][ATTACHMENT=12569]IMG_9478.JPG (8,317k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

That's a killer jacket and a steal at $240. Brown flannels, or "oatmeal" which is is better description, would look great. Darker blue jeans. Crisp white shirt. Done.

poelow

Reaction score

That's a really nice jacket and definitely a steal at $240 if it fits you, congrats.

You should be able to make it work. Yes to the light blue shirt. Charcoal trousers are too dark so there won't be enough contrast with the jacket. I'd try medium grey/fawn/oatmeal flannel trousers with that jacket. 

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Really appreciate them.

That's a killer jacket and a steal at $240. Brown flannels, or "oatmeal" which is is better description, would look great. Darker blue jeans. Crisp white shirt. Done.

Sounds good! Thank you for giving me some assurance of its usefulness.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain wool or knit ties in brown, maroon and even
black would work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads