1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me like this Zegna jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by poelow, Feb 17, 2016.

1. poelow

poelow Senior member

I impulse bought this because it was $240 at Marshalls.... took it home and couldn't find much in my limited wardrobe that I liked with it. Didn't work well with plain white shirt, though there is some more promise with a light blue. Also wasn't loving the charcoal or khaki slacks. Steeply marked down for a reason or am I just not creative enough?

I still have 20 days to return but want to make it work as I otherwise enjoy the fit and lines. Tell me what you would dress this with! Please :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[ATTACHMENT=12567]IMG_9481.JPG (2,345k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=12568][ATTACHMENT=12569]IMG_9478.JPG (8,317k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

That's a really nice jacket and definitely a steal at $240 if it fits you, congrats.

You should be able to make it work. Yes to the light blue shirt. Charcoal trousers are too dark so there won't be enough contrast with the jacket. I'd try medium grey/fawn/oatmeal flannel trousers with that jacket.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Get rid of it - fast

4. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

That's a killer jacket and a steal at $240. Brown flannels, or "oatmeal" which is is better description, would look great. Darker blue jeans. Crisp white shirt. Done.

5. poelow

poelow Senior member

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Really appreciate them.

Sounds good! Thank you for giving me some assurance of its usefulness.

6. comrade

comrade Senior member

Plain wool or knit ties in brown, maroon and even
    black would work.

1 person likes this.