• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me ID these shoes.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought these To Boot shoes at Stanley Korshak 8 or 9 years ago. It wasn't my smartest buy - at the time these seemed like a good dress shoe that I could wear casually on occasion. These were really the first dress shoe I bought as an adult. I never wore them very much and now I find them to be pretty ugly. Anyways, at the time, the salesman sold me on the fact that they were handmade. They had some handmade and benchmade shoes in stock, and he gave me a quick education on the difference between the two. Can anyone tell me who the maker is? If I try to sell these on ebay, it might help to know.

327383146_4f82e19bf9_o.jpg

327383190_732a637612_o.jpg

327383171_ff54c4a089_o.jpg

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look like decent everywhere shoes - maybe a little big, relatively, in the toe-box, but otherwise acceptable.

as for construction, no clue. maybe mantellassi?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like decent casual shoes - versatile and fairly toned-down/conservative. The toe box is a bit big, but that may work with what you choose to wear them with (i.e. don't wear them with a slim suit).

I have had good experiences with TBNY shoes.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have some TBNY shoes that look similar (slightly different styling and slightly different heels, but the soles are also channeled and the construction doesn't look entirely different).

Mine were made by Peluso, so I assume it possible that yours were as well (although, TBNY has certainly used a number of different makers over the years).

Hope it helps!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Mantelassi sole

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I agree they are a decent all-purpose shoe but I just don't wear them. I wear chelsea or chukka boots for casual wear, and I have a pair of black wingtip oxfords for the rare times I need black dress shoes. I'll probably still ebay them.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You could just stick them in the Sales Forum here; assuming you don't want a fortune for them and then you'd save yourself the hassle of ebay fees. They look like decent shoes and I've had good luck with my leather-soled TBNY shoes.

Just a suggestion, of course...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads