• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me ID these Crockett & Jones suede boots!

dpopat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to further ID these boots which I just picked up on eBay. The seller isn't very responsive so I figured I'd come to you folks at SF for some guidance!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Overall do you think it was a good deal? They came in at 75 GBP ($130/Canadian).

Thanks in advance!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chertsey, last 224. £165.95 (US $264.62) brand new.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chukka Unlined , Last 200, Mushroom Colour
chukkas-crockett-jones.jpg

dpopat

Reaction score
Wow that was quick! They do look like the chukka unlined. I've got no experience with C&J shoes at all - how does the 200 last fit? I only have two pairs of decent shoes - both Allen Edmonds - and I normally wear 10.5 D. I am just hoping that these will be a close enough fit so that I can throw a pair of insoles in and have them be wearable.

Anyone have any tips on what to do if they are a bit too big? I've heard about heel liners and new sole inserts - what's the general consensus on these solutions to a too big shoe?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpopat
Wow that was quick! They do look like the chukka unlined. I've got no experience with C&J shoes at all - how does the 200 last fit? I only have two pairs of decent shoes - both Allen Edmonds - and I normally wear 10.5 D. I am just hoping that these will be a close enough fit so that I can throw a pair of insoles in and have them be wearable.

Anyone have any tips on what to do if they are a bit too big? I've heard about heel liners and new sole inserts - what's the general consensus on these solutions to a too big shoe?

Last 200 is a very narrow last, Size 11.5 uk should works well.

dpopat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
alexSF is correct. Don't listen to me.
smile.gif

The main giveaway for me was the 2 (Chertsy) vs. 3 (Unlined chukka) eyelets
smile.gif

Originally Posted by alexSF
Last 200 is a very narrow last, Size 11.5 uk should goes well.

So even if I wear a 10.5 D in US sizes for Allen Edmonds (I think it's 9.5 UK), the 11.5 UK in these boots should fit fine?

Also, would using normal cedar Woodlore shoe trees be fine or should I get a pair of boot trees as well?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpopat
The main giveaway for me was the 2 (Chertsy) vs. 3 (Unlined chukka) eyelets
smile.gif
So even if I wear a 10.5 D in US sizes for Allen Edmonds (I think it's 9.5 UK), the 11.5 UK in these boots should fit fine? Also, would using normal cedar Woodlore shoe trees be fine or should I get a pair of boot trees as well?

Sorry for the confusion,
worship.gif
This size it's too large for you, I converted size 11.5 uk to Us 10.5, in italy is night, I should go to bed
laugh.gif

dpopat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexSF
Sorry for the confusion,
worship.gif

This size it's too large for you,

I converted size 11.5 uk to Us 10.5, in italy is night, I should go to bed
laugh.gif

Ah I figured as much! Is there anything I can do to make them fit a bit more snug?

I guess I should also say that I haven't received them yet, so who knows, they could fit well enough for me to throw an insole in there or just wear 2 pairs of socks.

dpopat

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to make these fit if they are too big or should I just try and sell them here / on ebay?

dpopat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Seriously?

These will be a full size & a half too big. Try wrapping your feet in duct tape before putting them on.

Haha, I guess I am just trying to trick myself into thinking there is some small chance of them fitting. Looks like I will have to wear 4 pairs of socks or something.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try 6 pairs of socks. they are 2 or 2.5 sizes too large.

dpopat

Reaction score
I guess this is kind of a dumb (newbie) question, but I wear 11-12 in normal, casual shoes, and 10.5's in AE shoes. I'm assuming C&J would use the same sizing scale as a dress shoe, even though these boots wouldn't technically be classified as a "dress shoe" per se.

Also from your responses above I am assuming it's frowned upon to put a huge sole/heel liners in a pair of shoes.

I've asked for a refund - which hopefully should go through - so I am now looking for a similar type of shoe in a < $150 price range. Any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics