• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me I don’t know any thing about denim

Raz

Reaction score
Hi every one

Before joining Style Forum for me all the jeans were the same you wear them for some time and then wash them and that's it but now I think ( not think I am sure ) I really don't know about how many kinds of denim there is and what are the rules of wearing denim

Any help from you people will be great

Raz

vanity

Reaction score
I think your best bet is to just sit back and read through some of the threads. I wouldn't let yourself get too sucked into what everyone else likes. Just note what you think sounds cool It gets borderline fanatical at points.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Vanity is right. It's best not to jump in and spend $200 right away. I'd sit back and just read the forum regularly for a week or too. Read on http://supertalk.superfuture.com/ a bit too. After a week or two, you should be better versed on the subject and you can make you decision on what you want to do. You can buy a pair of apcs for $110, ande whalls for $160(it's good because the measurements are so exact unlike apc which stretch so much you never know), or one of the cheaper but not very good offerings like h&m raw sliq, levis 514 rigid, bdg one wash, etc... Good luck but just chill out on needing to know everything at once. You won't get all this info in one thread. Just read around for awhile.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like Chronoaug I recommend going to Superfuture to read up on denim. Tweedlesinpink has a great denim encyclopedia with everything you would want to know about anything denim related including references with pics of all the better denim manufacturers. Read lots, and simply try to absorb as much as possible as there is a lot to learn.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12729

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads