1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me find these shoes...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kontra, Jul 31, 2006.

1. kontra

kontra Well-Known Member

I was looking for something like that for a long time - and Im just tired now - so I registered here just to ask this question. Please take a look: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...imkontra/1.jpg These are obviousely two different pairs of shoes - Im looking for something like this - simple, minimal - non trendy design. I also prefer my soles and heels not to be thick (but not very thin either) - thats what I dont really like about those onthe whita background. Something more (if not exactly) like the ones on the black background. I know that Acne jeans has something that looks like that - but those are nowhere to be found here in Minneapolis or on the web. The second pair kinda looks like a military surplus pair - but if you look closely - they are not really like something you can find in a millitary store - first af all - its a texture and the other detail is that if you look closer - there's some sort if a round leather label hanging on the lace - that what makes me think that they are brand name shoes.... Whatever you may suggest - I really appreciate any suggestions or clues.... Where can I find something like that? [​IMG]

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The distressed pair are probably John Varvatos. Check ebay and you will find many similar pairs.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

For the first pair, look through Yoox. I always seem to see shoes much like that on there. No specifics though - sorry.