• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me find these shoes...

kontra

Reaction score
I was looking for something like that for a long time - and Im just tired now - so I registered here just to ask this question. Please take a look: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...imkontra/1.jpg These are obviousely two different pairs of shoes - Im looking for something like this - simple, minimal - non trendy design. I also prefer my soles and heels not to be thick (but not very thin either) - thats what I dont really like about those onthe whita background. Something more (if not exactly) like the ones on the black background. I know that Acne jeans has something that looks like that - but those are nowhere to be found here in Minneapolis or on the web. The second pair kinda looks like a military surplus pair - but if you look closely - they are not really like something you can find in a millitary store - first af all - its a texture and the other detail is that if you look closer - there's some sort if a round leather label hanging on the lace - that what makes me think that they are brand name shoes.... Whatever you may suggest - I really appreciate any suggestions or clues.... Where can I find something like that?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The distressed pair are probably John Varvatos. Check ebay and you will find many similar pairs.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Reaction score
For the first pair, look through Yoox. I always seem to see shoes much like that on there. No specifics though - sorry.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.