• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me find the perfect fitting trousers!

Preparatory

Reaction score
I have a huge problem finding good fitting trousers. The thing is I am pretty slim overall but my waist is bigger in proportion to my legs/thighs. Therefore, when I find a decent pair of trousers it usually fits good except in the waist-area. Can you guys help me find the ideal fitting trousers?

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
If i looked like this, i'd have trouble finding a decent OTR pair of trousers...

But in all seriousness, go Made to Measure for your best bet. Trousers, unlike suit jackets, are very easy to get right. Just make sure the waist is correct, and the trouser legs fall cleanly down to your shoes i.e. without wrinkling.

You may also want to experiment with pleats, if you want the modern, cleaner look of no pleats, or the fuller 2 pleats to give you more room. It is very much a personal choice. FYI i have 2 pleats.

Preparatory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
If i looked like this, i'd have trouble finding a decent OTR pair of trousers...

But in all seriousness, go Made to Measure for your best bet. Trousers, unlike suit jackets, are very easy to get right. Just make sure the waist is correct, and the trouser legs fall cleanly down to your shoes i.e. without wrinkling.

You may also want to experiment with pleats, if you want the modern, cleaner look of no pleats, or the fuller 2 pleats to give you more room. It is very much a personal choice. FYI i have 2 pleats.

Lol @ that pic. Any tip for Made-to-Measure-trousers?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM or bespoke.

Trying them on is the only way of deciding what fits - a thread on a webboard cannot.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.