• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find some jeans

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't find the thread where someone suggested watching out about the length of PDC jeans. I agree. If you are too short, the "wear lines" will fall in the wrong areas, especially behind the knees.... it will look silly.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gucci does it. But it'll cost you.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T4 - I've been eyeing the nudie bootcut ola for a while, but they're not sold anywhere near me. However, I'm going to New York this weekend and hope to try some on; I'll report back.
LA Guy should have some addresses for you. Sorry I can't be of much help here in the Netherlands.... unless of course you want some addresses here
smile.gif

BlvdDandy

Reaction score
LA Guy should have some addresses for you.  Sorry I can't be of much help here in the Netherlands.... unless of course you want some addresses here   .[/quote]

LA Guy what of it? Any place to buy Nudie in Boston?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Atrium and Famous Friends NYC carry them (Nudies). Their prices range a LOT depending on what cut, type of denim and wash you get. For example, Regular Ralf Dry Selvage is about $190 USD... the vegetable indigo ones are in the $250 range. Washed jeans are more expensive in general, but since most of them are not on the same denim level as the RR Selvages, the price comes out to be similar.

Bootcut Ola is a bit cheaper than RR because it is not Japanese Selvage denim (selvage arguments aside, it is cheaper to buy non-selvage denim from Italy than selvage from Japan). I think you should be able to get Bootcut Ola's in the $150 range for washed, $120 range for unwashed.

Atrium NYC and Hollywood Trading Company/Fred Segal LA will both do telephone orders. Not sure about Famous Friends, but I would assume they do as well.

bryce330

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas gentlemen - I ordered a pair of the Paper Denim SLM from Scoop so hopefully those will work out.  I tried on a pair of Earnest Sewn at Barney's this weekend and wasn't impressed, but maybe I didn't pick the slimmest cut.  

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to check out J. Lindeberg while I was in NYC - anyone know a source for internet or phone orders?

Sevcom

Reaction score
Atrium and Famous Friends NYC carry them (Nudies). Their prices range a LOT depending on what cut, type of denim and wash you get. For example, Regular Ralf Dry Selvage is about $190 USD... the vegetable indigo ones are in the $250 range.
Maybe T4Phage can answer this best, but Atrium stocked some Nudies that were about $450. I think these were the dry veggie selvage or something to that effect.

Non-sequitur: I was at Scoop today and saw a new PDC cut, the Marlowe (I think the model is BMX). I didn't have time to try them on, but does anyone know what distinguishes them from, say, the GTO? They looked really similar, with only slight variance from the 3-year wash.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sevcom:
Maybe T4Phage can answer this best, but Atrium stocked some Nudies that were about $450. I think these were the dry veggie selvage or something to that effect.
I believe so, since the most expensive Nudies here in Europe are the Dry Veggie selvedge. Very unique colour...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA and NYC prices for Nudies are outrageous. Make a friend in Europe, where Nudies retail anywhere from 98 to 180 Euro for the most expensive types. Trade for Paper Denims and Sevens, which retail for EU 199 on the Continent, and about 150 pounds and up in the UK. Crazy.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sell Nudies at Traffic in the Beverly Center as well. They were on sale at 30% off in January, I have no idea if they ever went on further reduction.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last I checked, winter sale nudie jeans here in paris were 50% off, down from 190 to 95 euros.
I picked up european wranglers, which are quite nice, for 50 euros ...

.luc

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yes, I've heard some European kids call Sevens "pretentious" jeans because they're "so expensive."

The Veggie Indigo denim is a lot of money, even in Europe. I thought it was $250 but according to these guys and some other sources online, they are above $400 (converted to dollar, not from US websites). They are hand-dyed and vegetable indigo is rare so it makes sense. The only other company I know of that uses vegetable indigo is 45rpm. I do not like the color at all, personally. I much prefer the deeper blue from synthetic indigo. Traditionally all jeans since pre-1900s levis use synthetic indigo not vegetable, so even a denim purist would probably vouch against it. Only thing they're missing are hidden rivets.

I did a LOT of research on prices for Nudies before I bought mine just recently, and Hollywood Trading Company's prices were perfectly reasonable (cheaper than the NYC prices). The selvage regular ralf is pretty sought after... Sometimes they are up to 200 euros. Zoovillage has them for 144 euro (but they do not ship the USA).. they are the cheapest prices online for Nudies, hands down. I bought the last one in size 29 (they run large), and was told later that day that two other people called in to order the exact same ones but missed out.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
LAG or BSD, you got picture's of your post-broken-in nudies? I'd like to see if the hype is legit. (And if stinkin to high heaven for 6 months is worth it).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads