1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Help me find some 1" dress belts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Davidson, May 16, 2018.

1. Davidson

Davidson Member

I keep reading that 1" wide is the classic size for men's dress belts but I am having a very hard time finding what I am looking for. I am a shorter man (5'6") so I want some dress belts that, proportionally, fit me the way that a typical 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" dress belt fits a man of average height. Currently, I wear 1 1/8" wide dress belts and they look acceptable but I really want to nail this detail. I'm hoping you all can help me.

What I am looking for:
    • 1" (25mm) wide
    • Size 30
    • Smooth with no details (feathered edge or light unnoticeable stitching ok)
    • Very slim/sleek rectangular frame buckle - no box frame or round buckles
    • Basic colors - Black, Dark Brown, Burgundy, etc
    • Decent quality
    • Slim and supple leather - not heavy duty work belt style thickness
    Examples of the look I am after:
    [​IMG]

What I have found, so far:

Equus Leather
    -------------------------------------
    These are the closest I have found, so far, but the ridges in the strap and the slightly rounded buckles make them slightly more casual looking than what I'm looking for. Still, pretty nice. I still might get one of these if I can't find what I am looking for.

Narragansett Leathers
    Again, more casual looking belts with casual looking rounder frame buckles. I'd get some of these for chinos and jeans.

Trafalgar
    Great looking straps but they only offer box frame buckles and they don't offer size 30. I'd rather not have to resize the strap and find a buckle elsewhere.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: May 16, 2018

2. Davidson

Davidson Member

Well it looks like I'll have to try some boys belts for the time being. This is disappointing since it's probably safe to assume that the quality isn't that great on kid's stuff.

Brooks Brothers has some decent looking 1" boy's dress belts but the buckles are a little odd looking - http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classic-Leather-Belt/063T,default,pd.html

Their Red Fleece are 1" but the buckles are gold toned - http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leath...ar_RV00017_Color=BRWN&contentpos=43&cgid=1807

Hmph

3. vida

vida Senior Member

Sid Mashburn

4. Davidson

Davidson Member

Ah nice! Thank you. I wish they offered stainless/nickel buckles but, at the very least, I could replace the buckles.

5. Spark

Spark Senior Member

I had Equus make me up a pair in brown and black straps and just paired them with a tiffany engine turned buckle - hard to beat!