Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me find some 1" dress belts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Davidson, May 16, 2018 at 8:11 AM.

1. Davidson

Davidson Member

I keep reading that 1" wide is the classic size for men's dress belts but I am having a very hard time finding what I am looking for. I am a shorter man (5'6") so I want some dress belts that, proportionally, fit me the way that a typical 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" dress belt fits a man of average height. Currently, I wear 1 1/8" wide dress belts and they look acceptable but I really want to nail this detail. I'm hoping you all can help me.

What I am looking for:
    • 1" (25mm) wide
    • Size 30
    • Smooth with no details (feathered edge or light unnoticeable stitching ok)
    • Very slim/sleek rectangular frame buckle - no box frame or round buckles
    • Basic colors - Black, Dark Brown, Burgundy, etc
    • Decent quality
    • Slim and supple leather - not heavy duty work belt style thickness
    Examples of the look I am after:
    [​IMG]

What I have found, so far:

Equus Leather
    -------------------------------------
    These are the closest I have found, so far, but the ridges in the strap and the slightly rounded buckles make them slightly more casual looking than what I'm looking for. Still, pretty nice. I still might get one of these if I can't find what I am looking for.

Narragansett Leathers
    Again, more casual looking belts with casual looking rounder frame buckles. I'd get some of these for chinos and jeans.

Trafalgar
    Great looking straps but they only offer box frame buckles and they don't offer size 30. I'd rather not have to resize the strap and find a buckle elsewhere.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:02 PM