• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find loafers to replace these Ferragamos

cazzzidy

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my favorite pair of shoes. Ferragamo - uncertain of model or vintage. I bought them second hand on ebay a couple years ago, a bit thrashed, a half size too small. I've worn them anyway because they are so elegant (though painful). After a trip to burning man, it's time to say goodbye.

Anyone know of a similar pair of shoes? Sub $250 would be nice. Thanks!

cazzzidy

Reaction score
Off the first page and no ideas? I really can't put them in the bin until I find a suitable substitute...

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they look pretty cool all beat up like that.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
I would send them to ron rider to restore, they could look awesome.

kohelet

Reaction score
caz those are just gorgeous shoes. And the fact the it is it worn out just gives it that added character! how do you feel about shoe stretching, in liquid and shoe tree form? It is a sad day if you throw that beauty away :'(

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cazzzidy
Hey all,

This is my favorite pair of shoes. Ferragamo - uncertain of model or vintage. I bought them second hand on ebay a couple years ago, a bit thrashed, a half size too small. I've worn them anyway because they are so elegant (though painful). After a trip to burning man, it's time to say goodbye.

wondering, if to narrow or too short? loafers tend to stretch more than other shoes.

get them a proper shoe tree. actually a half size big.

some cream and polish and you have a great pair of shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kohelet
It is a sad day if you throw that beauty away :'(

+1

kohelet

Reaction score
Off the first page and no ideas? I really can't put them in the bin until I find a suitable substitute...

NMN088E_mt.jpg

0-0-0.jpg

h-by-hudson-swinger-loafer.jpg

You're shoes are the type of shoes you only see once in a lifetime.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
And just look at the pointed shoe loafers nowadays. It just doesn't compare.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
Please don't throw away those shoes
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
*tear*

CitizenM

Reaction score
Bally has similar models, but imo a bit of shoe polish would do just fine.

well-kept

Reaction score
I agree that these are full of character, certainly better looking now than when they were new.

If you really want to replace them you can be very diligent in searching eBay under Ferragamo and the size you want, even without a model name. Almost certain that in a while another pair will turn up. They might fit better, with no pain, which I think would be a good thing.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone know of a similar pair of shoes? Sub $250 would be nice. Thanks!

A resoling with JR's some Lexol and medium brown polish those will be fine.

cazzzidy

Reaction score
Thank you all for the encouragement and support. If these are indeed once in a lifetime shoes, the best pair of shoes I'll ever have owned, then I owe it to the shoes and to myself to restore them as best I can.

I have a pair of chukkas off to NuShoe for repair and resoling, but I haven't gotten them back yet so I can't vouch for the quality. I assume Ron Rider is one of the best in the biz? Any examples of his restorations and ideas about cost?

The real reason these might need to be retired is because of wear to the heel of the wood in one shoe, and the beginning phases of toe box collapse, which causes the terrible horizontal crease on the face of the shoe. Both of those problems are difficult to deal with. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted.

I do keep them in shoe trees, and they have stretched over the years. They were almost okay until I broke my right pinky toe. It takes for f'ing ever for the swelling to go away. I will consider a proper stretching device.

In the meantime, I'd love to see more minimalistic, one-piece loafers. I'm liking the monk strap shoe Kohelet posted.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the encouragement and support. If these are indeed once in a lifetime shoes, the best pair of shoes I'll ever have owned, then I owe it to the shoes and to myself to restore them as best I can. I have a pair of chukkas off to NuShoe for repair and resoling, but I haven't gotten them back yet so I can't vouch for the quality. I assume Ron Rider is one of the best in the biz? Any examples of his restorations and ideas about cost? The real reason these might need to be retired is because of wear to the heel of the wood in one shoe, and the beginning phases of toe box collapse, which causes the terrible horizontal crease on the face of the shoe. Both of those problems are difficult to deal with. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted. I do keep them in shoe trees, and they have stretched over the years. They were almost okay until I broke my right pinky toe. It takes for f'ing ever for the swelling to go away. I will consider a proper stretching device. In the meantime, I'd love to see more minimalistic, one-piece loafers. I'm liking the monk strap shoe Kohelet posted.
Send a PM or email the member called RIDER here. I've seen some pretty impressive restoration work done from pictures in this forum. He can hook you up with all the info you need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads