• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Me Find an Ivory Dinner Jacket: 2020 Edition

southbound35

Reaction score
I’ve read through several threads from past years and didn’t find any definitive answers, so I thought I’d ask the question again.

Can you please suggest where I should look for an off the rack (or low-risk MTM, if that exists) ivory dinner jacket, preferably self-facing shawl collar? Ideally, I’d prefer to spend $1,000-$1,500 for both the jacket and pants. I’m getting married in early June (roughly 90 days from now), so I need to get serious about this task.

I live in Dallas and will be traveling to NYC in mid-April if anyone has suggestions in either of those locations.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
There are probably better suggestions out there, but I got mine through Enzo Custom, one of the forum sponsors here. They only do things in person, but have two showrooms in NYC for your conveneince. Mine's made from 8/9oz ivory fabric from the VBC S110s book, with self facing shawl lapels, single button front, no vents, jetted pockets, all in line with the rules. I asked for fabric buttons but they suggested off-white MoP, which looks really good. It was like $795, IIRC, so well within your budget.

They're MTM, but pretty ambitious at it, i.e. you can control a lot more stuff than at most places. The templates at their factory are well-proportioned, and their clothiers are pretty good about getting the measurements right. Mine required a bit of extra waist suppression but that's it. My tailor has taken apart one of my other Enzo jackets before and agrees that the build-quality is quite good, especially for something in the <$1000 range, so overall I'd say it's relatively low risk for you. Time might be a factor but they can fast-track your order for a fee.

southbound35

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, stuffed. Very helpful. Will reach out to them today.

Bumping one time for the weekday crowd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads