• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find an awesome blazer plz!

claytonl

Reaction score
I'm usually a size 40r. Please help me find a great blazer and a decent price. I am also looking for a nice pair of grey wool flat front slacks in 34. thx

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm usually a size 40r. Please help me find a great blazer and a decent price. I am also looking for a nice pair of grey wool flat front slacks in 34. thx
Check out the Gap! They have the BEST blazers; totally awzome!!!!!!!
Grey slacks!? 100% Express (get the boot cut)! Amaze!!!!!111

Last edited:

claytonl

Reaction score
Where I live there is no such thing....unless Dillard's or Jos A. Bank are awesome to you!?

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Where I live there is no such thing....unless Dillard's or Jos A. Bank are awesome to you!?
Jos A. Bank for sure!!!1
I'd look into their three button blazers (cheapest model will do). You can get trousers there too! Pleated of course, lolz!

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seriously though, take a look around pictures in the WAYWRN thread and other threads, get an idea of what kind of blazer you want generally, what sort of occasions and events you'll be wearing it to, and the price range you want to be in. By that point you probably won't need to come back to this thread as you will already have an idea of what the options are. But at least do that. If after that you have some more specific questions then maybe we can help you out but this isn't some service where you just type in your sizes and a request for awesome **** and people tell you what to buy.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seriously though, take a look around pictures in the WAYWRN thread and other threads, get an idea of what kind of blazer you want generally, what sort of occasions and events you'll be wearing it to, and the price range you want to be in. By that point you probably won't need to come back to this thread as you will already have an idea of what the options are. But at least do that. If after that you have some more specific questions then maybe we can help you out but this isn't some service where you just type in your sizes and a request for awesome **** and people tell you what to buy.
Agree we were just having a little fun with you.

Also, get out there and try on many brands.

claytonl

Reaction score
This is what I want, I just can't find one similar in wool thats not $1000+.
Also I know I shouldn't bothering everyone with my dumb thread, but I'm clueless and need help.

ykurtz

Reaction score
You've already been given some pretty good advice. If you can't find a retailer or a jacket and a pair of trousers like that on eBay your size, you may want to consider something like Indochino. Since a $1,000+ jacket is not a possiblity right now, I believe they have MTM blazers available in that basic style for far less. I believe there are other vendors like Indochino (Thick as Thieves comes to mind) who may also meet your requirement. That said, I would recommend that you do a search on DB blazers on this site, and maybe see a few more, and learn a few things about style, quality, fit, etc. This may help you in your search. Happy hunting, and welcome to StyleForum.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is what I want, I just can't find one similar in wool thats not $1000+.
Also I know I shouldn't bothering everyone with my dumb thread, but I'm clueless and need help.

Go to any children's clothing store (Chidren's Place, for example) and check out their boys section.

That'll do you nicely as you are looking to emulate the "I'm wearing my little brother's clothes" look

claytonl

Reaction score
Ykurtz, thanks for the welcome and advice. One more question, how do u guys keep people on this forum with lee leaving his remarks?

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
Double breasteds in that style are nothing but trendy trash; get a properly fitting single breasted navy blazer that at least covers your arse and will look good forever.

And if you want the blazer and the grey wool trousers purely so you can emulate this look I'd advise against it - copying will never help you learn your own style, do as some gentlemen above said and browse the forum to find inspiration and information on how proper blazers fit!

Last edited:

ykurtz

Reaction score
It's like the beginning of a prison movie I'm afraid. You're new fish. Most of the people here won't admit that they were buying Kenneth Cole square toes and 80's style DBs with low gorges back in the day. Like anything else social, there's a pecking order. You just need to navigate through it: if you think it's worth it. My two cents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads