1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me find an awesome blazer plz!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by claytonl, May 17, 2012.

1. claytonl

claytonl Active Member

I'm usually a size 40r. Please help me find a great blazer and a decent price. I am also looking for a nice pair of grey wool flat front slacks in 34. thx

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

you should go to an awesome store.

1 person likes this.
  3. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Check out the Gap! They have the BEST blazers; totally awzome!!!!!!!
    Grey slacks!? 100% Express (get the boot cut)! Amaze!!!!!111

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  4. claytonl

claytonl Active Member

Where I live there is no such thing....unless Dillard's or Jos A. Bank are awesome to you!?

5. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Jos A. Bank for sure!!!1
    I'd look into their three button blazers (cheapest model will do). You can get trousers there too! Pleated of course, lolz!

6. unbelragazzo

try awesome parts of teh interwebz.

1 person likes this.
  7. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

is dis a new vendor iz never hurd of?

must cop!1

8. unbelragazzo

Seriously though, take a look around pictures in the WAYWRN thread and other threads, get an idea of what kind of blazer you want generally, what sort of occasions and events you'll be wearing it to, and the price range you want to be in. By that point you probably won't need to come back to this thread as you will already have an idea of what the options are. But at least do that. If after that you have some more specific questions then maybe we can help you out but this isn't some service where you just type in your sizes and a request for awesome shit and people tell you what to buy.

9. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Agree we were just having a little fun with you.

Also, get out there and try on many brands.

10. claytonl

claytonl Active Member

[​IMG]This is what I want, I just can't find one similar in wool thats not $1000+.
    Also I know I shouldn't bothering everyone with my dumb thread, but I'm clueless and need help.

11. ykurtz

ykurtz Senior member

You've already been given some pretty good advice. If you can't find a retailer or a jacket and a pair of trousers like that on eBay your size, you may want to consider something like Indochino. Since a $1,000+ jacket is not a possiblity right now, I believe they have MTM blazers available in that basic style for far less. I believe there are other vendors like Indochino (Thick as Thieves comes to mind) who may also meet your requirement. That said, I would recommend that you do a search on DB blazers on this site, and maybe see a few more, and learn a few things about style, quality, fit, etc. This may help you in your search. Happy hunting, and welcome to StyleForum.

12. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Go to any children's clothing store (Chidren's Place, for example) and check out their boys section.

That'll do you nicely as you are looking to emulate the "I'm wearing my little brother's clothes" look

13. claytonl

claytonl Active Member

Ykurtz, thanks for the welcome and advice. One more question, how do u guys keep people on this forum with lee leaving his remarks?

14. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

Double breasteds in that style are nothing but trendy trash; get a properly fitting single breasted navy blazer that at least covers your arse and will look good forever.

And if you want the blazer and the grey wool trousers purely so you can emulate this look I'd advise against it - copying will never help you learn your own style, do as some gentlemen above said and browse the forum to find inspiration and information on how proper blazers fit!

15. ykurtz

ykurtz Senior member

It's like the beginning of a prison movie I'm afraid. You're new fish. Most of the people here won't admit that they were buying Kenneth Cole square toes and 80's style DBs with low gorges back in the day. Like anything else social, there's a pecking order. You just need to navigate through it: if you think it's worth it. My two cents.

16. unbelragazzo

Pictured blazer is too short IMHO. DBs are tough to fit right and look bad when even slightly off. I recommend starting off with SB, especially if you want to spend less than $1k. Do not get DB from indochino, this will end poorly.

17. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

The first couple of months on SF are best spent in silence, lurking. Next comes a frenzy of trolling, which you have witnessed here, followed by years of snark and tons of reiterated SF group think. Only after about 10,000 posts is something useful and style-altering really posted.

As a matter of fact, I am sure I have read this same post some where else... :confused:

18. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I would highly recommend looking for one in your size on Ebay. I just bought one for $40 from Hickey Freeman. Full Canvas and super 120's tazmanian loro piana wool. The fabric is really something else.

19. joeman

joeman Senior member

There are so many pictures all over the web about color and style all you have to do is google them.