• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Me Find A Style

MASTEX45

Reaction score
Im A 45 Yr Old Guy. I Used To Be More Adventerous With My Clothes But As For The Past 14 Yrs (since I Met My Wife) Ive Been Reduced To Bland Jeans And Tee Shirts And Button Downs, Sneakers. To Boot, Im Color Blind. I Want To Start Standing Out Again. My Build Is Not Bad For 45...got A Bt Of A Gut But Not Much..just Under 6'. I Dont Know Any Help Would Be Very Appreciated. Thanks!!!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
What type of clothing styles do you like? What do you do? What type of image would you like to project?

You probably want to look through the What Are You Wearing threads that are pinned at the top of both the Men's Clothing and Streetwear Forums and get some ideas of what you like.

Once you have some ideas in mind, I'm sure you can get some assistance.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say that you were once adventurous with your clothing, how do you mean? It seems that most people develope a style that fits their own personality. I can't imagine this has changed too much. Maybe if you revisit the clothes that you used to wear, you may be able to modernize the look and include it in your new style.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get some ideas from the media. Look for 40 something guys on TV and in magazines that you think look sharp. Don't be afraid to incorporate a little (I did say little) of whatever it was you were wearing pre-wife that was more adventurous and that it sounds you liked (just don't timewarp back to 1993 wholesale).

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while there are many men in your situation, you're probably one of the few to speak up in a forum like this. (More should.) You still can get help, but you'll have to say more than you have so far. It's also possible to help - and do so more thoroughly - privately, for some dollars. You do have a wife and access to the Internet (where solids almost always come with color names), so unless your color blindness is severe, it shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads