• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help Me Find A Style

MASTEX45

Reaction score
Im A 45 Yr Old Guy. I Used To Be More Adventerous With My Clothes But As For The Past 14 Yrs (since I Met My Wife) Ive Been Reduced To Bland Jeans And Tee Shirts And Button Downs, Sneakers. To Boot, Im Color Blind. I Want To Start Standing Out Again. My Build Is Not Bad For 45...got A Bt Of A Gut But Not Much..just Under 6'. I Dont Know Any Help Would Be Very Appreciated. Thanks!!!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
What type of clothing styles do you like? What do you do? What type of image would you like to project?

You probably want to look through the What Are You Wearing threads that are pinned at the top of both the Men's Clothing and Streetwear Forums and get some ideas of what you like.

Once you have some ideas in mind, I'm sure you can get some assistance.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say that you were once adventurous with your clothing, how do you mean? It seems that most people develope a style that fits their own personality. I can't imagine this has changed too much. Maybe if you revisit the clothes that you used to wear, you may be able to modernize the look and include it in your new style.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get some ideas from the media. Look for 40 something guys on TV and in magazines that you think look sharp. Don't be afraid to incorporate a little (I did say little) of whatever it was you were wearing pre-wife that was more adventurous and that it sounds you liked (just don't timewarp back to 1993 wholesale).

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while there are many men in your situation, you're probably one of the few to speak up in a forum like this. (More should.) You still can get help, but you'll have to say more than you have so far. It's also possible to help - and do so more thoroughly - privately, for some dollars. You do have a wife and access to the Internet (where solids almost always come with color names), so unless your color blindness is severe, it shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40