• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find a jean like the Earnest Sewn Fulton

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I wear this jean, the more I love it. What I like is the skinny jean lines, with just enough extra thigh room for me. Doesn't look baggy, but is comfortable, and gets just skinny enough at the bottom. I'd buy another pair, but I'd really like something a bit heavier. I also kind of like the higher rise, but that is negotiable. Anything from Kicking Mule maybe? Also, to someone whose had Earnests for a while, how does the denim wear over time, what with it being that light and all?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
The more I wear this jean, the more I love it. What I like is the skinny jean lines, with just enough extra thigh room for me. Doesn't look baggy, but is comfortable, and gets just skinny enough at the bottom. I'd buy another pair, but I'd really like something a bit heavier. I also kind of like the higher rise, but that is negotiable. Anything from Kicking Mule maybe? Also, to someone whose had Earnests for a while, how does the denim wear over time, what with it being that light and all?

Hm, how high a rise do you want? Do you not like the 501 repro aesthetic, like the 5EP straights?

As far as durability goes, I think they wear fairly quickly. I have a pair of Fultons that I bought when ES first came out and they started to need repairs after about six months of biweekly wear.

shuguru314

Reaction score
i have a pair of ES hutch....they have stretched considerably over the two years or so that i have had them, but i think i've grown a little bit as well!

as for wearing, they hold up pretty well, i just wash them inside out after a few wears and hang em to dry

riotshield

Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I have the same question as the OP. I'm looking for a jean with a Fulton-like fit (reasonable thigh room with a slim straight leg), plain backpockets and raw or one-wash/rinse, but with a heavier/more substantial denim, preferably full selvedge. Was considering A.P.C. but I don't want a tapered fit like the NS and the Rescue looks too baggy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riotshield
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I have the same question as the OP. I'm looking for a jean with a Fulton-like fit (reasonable thigh room with a slim straight leg), plain backpockets and raw or one-wash/rinse, but with a heavier/more substantial denim, preferably full selvedge. Was considering A.P.C. but I don't want a tapered fit like the NS and the Rescue looks too baggy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since this thread, I have actually discovered such a jean: the Acne Mic. I will tell you right off the bat, it's not selvage, and it doesn't get much love here, because it doesn't have the quality to price value ratio that most here require. It is definitely more in the "designer" camp, but without the annoying aesthetics of jeans like RR, TR, D&G, etc. It is as plain as you can get, and the fit is perfect for me: higher rise, fitted shape, straight leg with some thigh room. I would at least try them.

Also, I have seen the Kicking Mule 1980, which I tried a long time ago but they didn't have a 34 length, and I remember having a similar fit though a tiny bit looser than the Fulton.

dhamm

Reaction score
Ive also fell in love with the Fulton cut. I've been wearing mine for 2 days now and they're great, I could have sized down I guess but for $45 I cant complain

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads