• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find a jacket!

Debaser

Reaction score
I didn't even realize how much muscle I've lost lately (I've become increasingly less into muscle-building and more into sprinting, power and agility over the past months), and am all the way down to a 42" chest. I'm very happy however...I was all the way up to a 45" and had a lot of trouble finding clothes in my size from many of the designers that interested me (e.g. Margiela).

However, thanks to my decreased size, I am sans a great deal of outerwear. I would appreciate opinions, I'm looking for something around $400 or so, most likely on Yoox. I've seen a couple pieces from costume national, margiela, and fake london genius that looked interesting, but would appreciate all the help I can get.

Any suggestions?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
What kind of a jacket? Can you be more specific? How cold does it get where you are?

Dan

Debaser

Reaction score
Kansas City...it can get pretty cold.

Just about anything but a parka...I have an Ever parka that does the trick pretty well.

Maybe something in corduroy or moleskin. I'm a very texture-oriented guy.

Debaser

Reaction score
Well, you could go with this, with the appropriate coupon it would be probably a bit above your price point but looks like a sweet jacket.. http://www.bluefly.com/pages....partial
While that is indeed a cool jacket, it may be slightly out of my price range. Also, in terms of bombers, I could just pick up a vintage schott from e-bay for under 100.

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
- i have a 42 chest and am 5'6" and slim.  most of the coats that fit me on the shoulders and chest are too big the rest of the way down.  where do i look?  my budget is not that big right now. looking for a 3/4 or full length coat in wool.</hijack>

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That makes sense, I guess bombers are bombers hmm?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check this out: CP Company corduroy bomber - only $130... CP Company is one of the most underappreciated Italian brands here in the States. If you are a texture guy, this is a company that built its reputation on cool fabrics. I'm wearing a CP Company, very subtly pinstriped, dark brown jacket right now. The cuts are simple and ungimmicky. Very understated. Very, very, cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads