Help me find a jacket!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Debaser, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Debaser

Debaser Well-Known Member

I didn't even realize how much muscle I've lost lately (I've become increasingly less into muscle-building and more into sprinting, power and agility over the past months), and am all the way down to a 42" chest. I'm very happy however...I was all the way up to a 45" and had a lot of trouble finding clothes in my size from many of the designers that interested me (e.g. Margiela).

However, thanks to my decreased size, I am sans a great deal of outerwear. I would appreciate opinions, I'm looking for something around $400 or so, most likely on Yoox. I've seen a couple pieces from costume national, margiela, and fake london genius that looked interesting, but would appreciate all the help I can get.

Any suggestions?

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

What kind of a jacket? Can you be more specific? How cold does it get where you are?

Dan

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

4. Debaser

Kansas City...it can get pretty cold.

Just about anything but a parka...I have an Ever parka that does the trick pretty well.

Maybe something in corduroy or moleskin. I'm a very texture-oriented guy.

5. Debaser

While that is indeed a cool jacket, it may be slightly out of my price range. Also, in terms of bombers, I could just pick up a vintage schott from e-bay for under 100.

6. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior member

- i have a 42 chest and am 5'6" and slim.  most of the coats that fit me on the shoulders and chest are too big the rest of the way down.  where do i look?  my budget is not that big right now. looking for a 3/4 or full length coat in wool.</hijack>

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

That makes sense, I guess bombers are bombers hmm?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Check this out: CP Company corduroy bomber - only $130... CP Company is one of the most underappreciated Italian brands here in the States. If you are a texture guy, this is a company that built its reputation on cool fabrics. I'm wearing a CP Company, very subtly pinstriped, dark brown jacket right now. The cuts are simple and ungimmicky. Very understated. Very, very, cool.