• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me figure out how to pay for something in Germany

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need your help, especially those of you who are German or do a lot of business in Germany. I'm trying to buy a book from a German bookseller through a site called booklooker. It doesn't seem to have the same kind of set-up as Amazon, where the buyer pays Amazon and Amazon pays the seller. Instead, you do business directly with the seller. Direct Bank transfers seem to be so common in Germany that nobody makes provision for other methods of payment.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to pay that way
1. from Paypal
2. from my own bank without incurring another $15-25 in fees
3. some other alternative

Thanks all.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im in a neighboring country. its much the same. banking is not as "developed". rent, personal payments, everything is a wire with IBAN and kontonummer. any method involving 3rd party (e.g. paypal) would incur more hassles

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like I might have to try to find a friend with a German bank account and ask them to handle the financial end for me. There seriously needs to be a way for US accounts to get in on this. I guess perhaps our banking system is busy with other things at the moment.

Gruntle

Reaction score
I could help you out, just send me a pm if interested.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, both of you.

Gruntle, PM sent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads