• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me figure my life out! Searching for some serious guidance. Thank you!

NFLinLA

Reaction score
Hello guys/gals,

I am at a very happy place at my life relationship-wise/socially, I think I've found the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with and she's motivated me to want to do the most with my life and be as successful as possible...the only problem is, I don't know what. All I know is that I furiously want to work for myself ASAP and will do whatever it takes. I'm struggling to find my path and stick to it. Help me!

A little about myself before I go on:

1. I'm 24
2. I ultimately want to work for myself/start my own business very soon, I feel as if I'm a born entrepreneur
3. I have a Communications degree from a 4-year university
4. My biggest character quality/asset is the ability to connect with anyone, very socially aware
5. Things I'm passionate about in no particular order: Restaurants/Food, Sports, Fashion, Traveling, Lifestyle/Design
6. Things I'm CURIOUS about: Day-trading/Finance, Real Estate Development/Investing, Hedge Funds
7. Outlandish goals I have before I die: Owning part of a sports team, own a few restaurants/hotels around the world

Currently I'm a manager at a restaurant with a ton of potential to move into a controlling stake very soon (~1-2 years). I worked at a top talent agency for a year and a half (wasn't for me) after college before quitting to start a food cart which never got off of the ground. That was short of a year ago and since then I've been trying to position myself to have the ability to work for myself very soon. An idea I've been entertaining is start day-trading before the end of the year. I've been paper trading and have grown a $3,000 account into a few grand short of $20,000 in about 5 months. I LOVE doing it and could see myself doing it full time to raise capital for one of my ideas.

I know it might seem easy to tell me "Hey! Seems like you should stay at the restaurant and work toward being a restaurateur!" but I think the path to that is one where I'd be working for someone else for a verrrrrrry long time before I'm able to start one on my own.

Before you all go ahead and stamp me with the "entitled Gen Y, doesn't want to work but wants it all, etc.", realize that I know it takes hard work to succeed and get anywhere in life. I would just rather work hard, sweat, put in countless hours working on something that I create, rather than someone else's idea. That is why I am in a rush to work for myself; I'm more motivated when I'm working on my own project.

PM me if you want to ask me personal questions, want to know more about me, or want to offer advice one on one.

Thank you all so much, I appreciate it greatly.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NFLinla, someone with your qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Currently I'm a manager at a restaurant with a ton of potential to move into a controlling stake very soon (~1-2 years).

I know it might seem easy to tell me "Hey! Seems like you should stay at the restaurant and work toward being a restaurateur!" but I think the path to that is one where I'd be working for someone else for a verrrrrrry long time before I'm able to start one on my own.

:puzzled:

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

3. I have a Communications degree from a 4-year university

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why did the food truck fail? Why don't you start another one?

Because he's a spoiled *************. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't pay for a second food truck. Those **** parents.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh. I can't complain. I wrote a post like this a year or two ago. Don't know how you **** up a food truck business, though. That's like ******* up a lemonade stand.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're on the wrong forum to ask this question my friend.

Why not stick with your current position for another year or two and see if you get the stake in the restaurant?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Meh. I can't complain. I wrote a post like this a year or two ago. Don't know how you **** up a food truck business, though. That's like ******* up a lemonade stand.

You are forgiven.

BlacKidLA

Reaction score
Because he's a spoiled *************. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't pay for a second food truck. Those **** parents.

Actually, I saved my money at the agency for a while. The food cart didn't get off of the ground because my partner told me he gambled all of his savings (for the cart) away..... Didn't have the other half to get it off of the ground, thanks.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are Blackidinla and Nflinla the same person?

EDIT - they clearly are. **** you asshole. Go **** your own throat.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Are Blackidinla and Nflinla the same person?

EDIT - they clearly are. **** you asshole. Go **** your own throat.

Damn, now I see the similarities in their names. I should have realized that.

WAIT A MINUTE

Does this mean that blackplatano and Mark from Plano are the same person?

:tinfoil:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads