• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me determine of a Polo Ralph Laruen shirt is fake or not

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1gnition
I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments.

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.

Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
thread just elevated from 1* to 10

Christ, nevermind the five you've aimed your tirade at, widen the net and chuck us all in. Great stuff. This should be the motto of the Forvm we all have to recite during initiation. Love it. Best post ever.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments. [...edited for more efficient snark...] This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH. I rest my case. I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.
All true. And you care so much about a stupid horse logo that you bought a shirt, sight unseen, off ebay, knowing it was fake, just for a stupid horse logo. You were pleasantly surprised that the shirt was "soft". Meaning, you fully expected it to be stiff, rough, ****** quality, overpriced, fake, and YOU STILL WANTED IT. Congrats. PS don't bother unsubscribing, I am PMing this to you right now.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Posting in what will become a classic thread.

Nah. He threw in the towel too easily and early.
Certainly had promise for epic-ness, though.

scribbles

Reaction score

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way (you forgot quite a few reasons, such as I believe in protecting intellectual and design property rights, supporting American owned businesses, buying for quality, obeying the law, etc) :

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life (actually I am quite happy with my current position in life. I am going to grad school for free thanks to an academic scholarship, I have an amazing family, great friends, perfect health, a job that I love, and no debt) and being mean to another human being (I am only mean to you because I wasted my time being kind enough to respond to your question and provide you evidence to support my conclusion rather than just call you an idiot, and then your proceeded to **** on my kindness with your subsequent posts) is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it (What is this "it" that you are referring to?) that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt (Wrong and wrong. If it did then I would not have been able to prove that your shirt was in fact a fake as quickly and easily as I did) which costs much lower (should be "less"). Yes, I get it (Unfortunately, based on your asinine comments, you really don't get it). It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing (It can also be really frustrating to deal with ignorant and vapid individuals such as yourself. I do not consider authentic Ralph Lauren polos to be "so much money" especially considering I have more than 40 in my closet and a large majority of them were purchased out of season or on sale at a significant discount).

Your obsession to the little detalis (spelled incorrectly) just shows how empty and miserable your lives are (You fail to realize that you solicited the advice/ knowledge of the SF members, and had you not done so none of us would have cared). I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on (run-on sentence, and it should be "earnings") (my clothing purchases are but a small percentage of my earnings, which is likely why I am able to afford authentic merchandise), and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people (Neither do I, but as previously mentioned, you asked!).

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

Long story short, if you feel the need to purchase counterfeit merchandise maybe you should spend less time posting questions on a website and put in a few extra hours of overtime. Maybe then will you be able to buy the real thing. In the meantime you should check out the following. I hear that they are really well made!

1wrongnamebrandfailknoc.jpg

wrongnamebrandfailknock.jpg

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty generic to me, plus most things from ebay or fakes anyways so it is safe to bet this one is as well.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Christ. is this why the older members never answer questions seriously anymore?

Imposter

Reaction score
OP: Please, stylish people, please help me become more stylish, i am posting this thread to seek your fathomless knowledge of style, and so i don't get ripped off SF: sure buddy we will help you out, its fake and you can get the shirts super cheap @ macys on sale between seasons, or at a RL Polo outlet OP:
TrollFace-1.png
YOU GUYS ARE SO FULL OF YOURSELFS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

JensenH

Reaction score

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

I rest my case.

I am honored to be grouped with the other gentlemen.
laugh.gif

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
...This is directed to... I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England)...

Well, there you have it Jeeves. Voila. In the spirit of noblesse oblige one deigns, selflessly, to enlighten the unilluminated and himself bites the hand which attempts to save the objet of one's charitableness a few farthings. No good deed goes unpunished, eh wot, no good deed goes unappreciated! What's to sup?

gotlighters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
+1 just buy the shirt from RL. I got my last long sleeve polo from ralphlauren.com for $25 shipped.

Is the sale for those still on? I looked on their website and I couldn't find any long sleeve for less than 50

JensenH

Reaction score
OP: Please authenticate this for me.

SF: It's fake

OP:Wahhhhhh! This is not what I wanna to hear! You guys are mean to me. Wahhhh! I am going home and will never play with you again, wahhhh!

SF: WTF?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
2171297970346403157.jpg
If you go to the trouble of making a fake and duplicating all the labels, why not take a minute and proofread them.

Lulz. OP's shirt is teh fugaze. The horsie's front legs are wrong. The hammer head is wrong. Sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads