Help me determine of a Polo Ralph Laruen shirt is fake or not

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 1gnition, May 3, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

will have to add my voice to the chorus of "fake!". the Polo tag font and the size of the tag itself are both off.

i don't know where you live but those shirts are readily available in the Polo outlets in most major US cities for $20-30 or sometimes less. hardly worth the risk of getting cheated on eBay not to just buy the original from the factory store...

2. 1gnition

1gnition Member

good observation.

NOW you just ruined his day. [​IMG]

I don't know why I keep answering you, because you really don't get the point.

In fact, I am very happy with this purchase because this shirt is a premium quality shirt in a very reasonable price. It came out of the laundry in a good shape. I am going to order more in black, blue and pink. I don't care about this horse thingy and etc.

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

+1 just buy the shirt from RL. I got my last long sleeve polo from ralphlauren.com for $25 shipped.

Here's what the tag looks like:

[​IMG]

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

polo above. cheaper. and authentic.

op's polo. more expensive. and fake.

[​IMG]

5. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

I like how you asked if we thought it was fake, we said it was, and you still bought it. well done, friend.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. deanayer

deanayer Well-Known Member

considering how millions of these shirts come off an assembly line at 5,000 MPH even the real ones are fake.

7. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

I don't know why I asked a style forum if the knock-off Ralph Lauren polos that I knowingly bought were in fact fake. I will just cover my ears and make noises when you call me out on it. LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

In fact, I am very ignorant and as a result am quite happy buying counterfeit goods. It came out of the laundry in a good shape so obviously it must be real! I am going to continue to waste my money and possibly help support/fund child labor, organized crime, and if I'm really lucky terrorism! I don't care about this horse thingy, shitty stitching, the fact that no two shirts will ever fit the same, etc.

FTFY

I don't even know how to react to this? I'm torn between [​IMG], [​IMG] and [​IMG]

8. I. Gentantithesis

I. Gentantithesis Senior member

ethernet thingy whatzit, Colney Hatch Spa

9. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Originally Posted by 1gnition
    I don't know why I asked a style forum if the knock-off Ralph Lauren polos that I knowingly bought were in fact fake. I will just cover my ears and make noises when you call me out on it. LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

In fact, I am very ignorant and as a result am quite happy buying counterfeit goods. It came out of the laundry in a good shape so obviously it must be real! I am going to continue to waste my money and possibly help support/fund child labor, organized crime, and if I'm really lucky terrorism! I don't care about this horse thingy, shitty stitching, the fact that no two shirts will ever fit the same, etc.
    FTFY

I don't even know how to react to this? I'm torn between [​IMG], [​IMG] and [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 1gnition

1gnition Member

I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments.

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

+1 just buy the shirt from RL. I got my last long sleeve polo from ralphlauren.com for $25 shipped.

Here's what the tag looks like:

[​IMG]

This. [​IMG]

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Ignoring my asinine decision to post in this thread, why is it still on the freakin' first page?

13. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

14. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Senior member

[​IMG] If you go to the trouble of making a fake and duplicating all the labels, why not take a minute and proofread them.

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

I am not excited at all about your hostile and sarcastic comments.

That is because there are two reasons you might have chosen to comment this way:

1. You are bitter and miserable in your life and being mean to another human being is your way of dealing with it.

2. You hate it that you spent so much money on an authentic shirt that looks and feels exactly like a non-authentic shirt which costs much lower. Yes, I get it. It can be really frustrating to spend so much money on utterly nothing.

Your obsession to the little detalis just shows how empty and miserable your lives are. I am not surprised because I saw the other topics with you taking photos of yourselves wearing clothes that make you look like you are wearing a costume for a 1930's movie which you spent most of your earning on, and people stare at you in the streets like you are some kind of aliens. I am so happy that I'm not like you. I am also a better person because I don't take out my aggression on innocent people.

This is directed to lee_44106, pebblegrain, scribbles, I. Gentantithesis (another person who lives in 19th century England) and JensenH.

I rest my case.

I also unsubscribe from this discussion due to no further interest in it.

thread just elevated from 1* to 10