• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decide on glasses

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting some more glasses. Here are the options so far. Three tortoise, one clearish blue. Excuse the marsupial blow-up doll expression, but it's a straight forward picture of me. I can get more than one.

With Glasses:

glassesn.jpg

Without Glasses:

noglasses.jpg

This is what I have now, but I never wear the circular ones because they're gigantic.

dsc04993c.jpg
dsc04988c.jpg
dfdfdn.jpg

Abliss

Reaction score
If i may ask, what is that page you are using? It seems like one of the better ones for trying out glasses.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
If i may ask, what is that page you are using? It seems like one of the better ones for trying out glasses.

www.zennioptical.com

I've ordered from them before. So have others I know. It's really inexpensive. Just make sure you look at all of the specifications and images before you order. The pair I ordered before was a tad narrower than I expected.

Abliss

Reaction score
Thank you.

And in my opinion regarding your glasses.

I would skip the blue ones, or any other that are strong colors, i do not think that i have ever seen anyone really pull it off. It is also hard to make a solid outfit with so strong statement glasses. Especially since you appear to be a bit more grown up.

I also think that #230825 are abit too much tortoise. I would go with either 1 or 3 out of these four. But then again, i am also quite conservative then it comes to glasses.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
Thank you. And in my opinion regarding your glasses. I would skip the blue ones, or any other that are strong colors, i do not think that i have ever seen anyone really pull it off. It is also hard to make a solid outfit with so strong statement glasses. Especially since you appear to be a bit more grown up. I also think that #230825 are abit too much tortoise. I would go with either 1 or 3 out of these four. But then again, i am also quite conservative then it comes to glasses.
Thanks for the input. I'd wear the blue ones rarely... a lot of italians are able to pull that kind of stuff off! :\\
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Go with 3. Funny thing is, I like your current circular frames best!
Thanks! I would like the circular frames to work, but they might be a bit too conservative for me. If they were slightly smaller I'd wear them more often. It looks different from other angles too.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three, by quite a long way.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
I would also say choice #3. And +1 for using Zenni.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
From left to right: go with the third one and forget about the fourth. Good luck--it is a pain **********.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 or 3 are both a pretty good look. Definitely not 4.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input... yeah I've pretty much ruled out 4. 2 is beginning to remind me a bit of Hamish Bowles, but more feminine. 1 and 3 look good to me too. 3 oddly reminds me of Conne's glasses.
ffffuuuu.gif
I think I'll get 1 and 3.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought 1 and 3. It was only $50. Thanks for the input everyone. I'm not really happy with any of the pairs I have now, so I hope these'll be better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads