• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me decide on glasses

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting some more glasses. Here are the options so far. Three tortoise, one clearish blue. Excuse the retard blow-up doll expression, but it's a straight forward picture of me. I can get more than one.

With Glasses:

Without Glasses:

This is what I have now, but I never wear the circular ones because they're gigantic.

Abliss

Reaction score
If i may ask, what is that page you are using? It seems like one of the better ones for trying out glasses.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
If i may ask, what is that page you are using? It seems like one of the better ones for trying out glasses.

www.zennioptical.com

I've ordered from them before. So have others I know. It's really inexpensive. Just make sure you look at all of the specifications and images before you order. The pair I ordered before was a tad narrower than I expected.

Abliss

Reaction score
Thank you.

And in my opinion regarding your glasses.

I would skip the blue ones, or any other that are strong colors, i do not think that i have ever seen anyone really pull it off. It is also hard to make a solid outfit with so strong statement glasses. Especially since you appear to be a bit more grown up.

I also think that #230825 are abit too much tortoise. I would go with either 1 or 3 out of these four. But then again, i am also quite conservative then it comes to glasses.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
Thank you. And in my opinion regarding your glasses. I would skip the blue ones, or any other that are strong colors, i do not think that i have ever seen anyone really pull it off. It is also hard to make a solid outfit with so strong statement glasses. Especially since you appear to be a bit more grown up. I also think that #230825 are abit too much tortoise. I would go with either 1 or 3 out of these four. But then again, i am also quite conservative then it comes to glasses.
Thanks for the input. I'd wear the blue ones rarely... a lot of italians are able to pull that kind of stuff off! :\\
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Go with 3. Funny thing is, I like your current circular frames best!
Thanks! I would like the circular frames to work, but they might be a bit too conservative for me. If they were slightly smaller I'd wear them more often. It looks different from other angles too.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three, by quite a long way.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
I would also say choice #3. And +1 for using Zenni.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
From left to right: go with the third one and forget about the fourth. Good luck--it is a pain in the ass.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 or 3 are both a pretty good look. Definitely not 4.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input... yeah I've pretty much ruled out 4. 2 is beginning to remind me a bit of Hamish Bowles, but more feminine. 1 and 3 look good to me too. 3 oddly reminds me of Conne's glasses.
I think I'll get 1 and 3.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought 1 and 3. It was only $50. Thanks for the input everyone. I'm not really happy with any of the pairs I have now, so I hope these'll be better.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 77 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 151 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 8.1%