• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decide on boots.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I like the look of the APC's best, they do look pretty similar to the Indy's and are probably based off the Indy's in design. I am also going to guess that the APC's are probably the same price, if not more expensive than the Indy's and will wear out faster If you really plan to wear these boots for more than casual use and going out to bars, I would highly suggest the Indy's.

swift.

Reaction score
When i say jobsites, i am in construction. I will be walking around jobsites, which are all new construction. But mostly indoors. I currently wear everything from sperrys to timberland boot company chukkas. However i am in CO and so selection will see winter weather and mud. Appreciate everyones thoughts so far.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe an Alden aviator? Without the contrasting toe-stitching like the indy I think it works better for non-work wear.
9P4HL8XB_lg.jpg

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
If you're concerned about how they'll hold up, go with Indys or the GTs.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Some good recommendations here. Just throwing this out too. Dr. Martens. Just saw these, and like 'em...

Those Doc's look cool. Would like them better with a commando-bottom air-ware style sole.

Of the boots shown so far, my vote would be for the Alden aviator or Kudu indy's from LeatherSoul, and the Red Wing Gentleman traveller after that. The value proposition is probably the Katahdin boot from LL Bean.

You might want to look at Tricker's, if you like the English country boot aesthetic. Other good English choices include Grenson, Alfred Sargent and C&J. Look for something in dark suede or dark brown, in a round plain-toe. Although that orange shade is the classic English shade.

Bsides

Reaction score
unless you can get the APC boots for WAYYYY cheaper, i'd go with the Aldens.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1) I would never wear Tricker's if I was doing anything near construction, you buy workboots for that and then wear the Tricker's to dinner after work

2) Those Doc Martens above are hideous, and this is not the first time I've seen those here, so this worries me

3) black wedge sole is hideous too, white wedge is not. that is all.

really though, you can't expect to have something to take the brunt of a tough job and then have it look nice for casual wear, at least footwear wise. You gotta split those up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads