• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decide between these shoes

xerxes1358

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of deciding about which shoe I want to buy. I have maximum 350 euro budget for 2 or 3 shoes.

I can buy 2 pairs of Loake shoes.

Loake Severn 160 euro
http://www.plal.com/loakes/loa18.jpg

Loake Badminton 190 euro
http://www.plal.com/loakes/loa7_small.jpg

Or I can buy 3 shoes from Bexly:
http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-VILLE-EN.htm

Georges and Edward toegether for 200 euro. I can get even a third pair for 300 euro. Which combined with some other shoes I have (2 pairs of boots and some sneakers) should be enough for this year.

Now my question is are the Loake shoes really of much better quality? What would you do ? Any other advise is welcome by the way.

thanks,
xerxes

xerxes1358

Reaction score
How about the quality and construction? Can someone elaborate on the differences? Or on the advantages of the Loake shoes? How about the durability? Can someone explain a bit more... I am not very familiar with these shoes..

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i asked about the quality of loake's before.... all opinions i got were on the negative.

pejsek

Reaction score
The Loakes I've seen second-hand have been uniformly dreadful--the kind of thing that could bring down an entire ensemble with barely a shrug. The Bexleys look much nicer in every way. And since they seem to be by far a better deal, I would go with those. (Actually, what I would really do is try to ferret out s.thing truly great on sale or second hand, but then that's more of a philosophical inquiry. If you need the shoes now and for a purpose the Bexleys appear to be a good bet.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics