• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me decide between these shoes

xerxes1358

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of deciding about which shoe I want to buy. I have maximum 350 euro budget for 2 or 3 shoes.

I can buy 2 pairs of Loake shoes.

Loake Severn 160 euro
http://www.plal.com/loakes/loa18.jpg

Loake Badminton 190 euro
http://www.plal.com/loakes/loa7_small.jpg

Or I can buy 3 shoes from Bexly:
http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-VILLE-EN.htm

Georges and Edward toegether for 200 euro. I can get even a third pair for 300 euro. Which combined with some other shoes I have (2 pairs of boots and some sneakers) should be enough for this year.

Now my question is are the Loake shoes really of much better quality? What would you do ? Any other advise is welcome by the way.

thanks,
xerxes

xerxes1358

Reaction score
How about the quality and construction? Can someone elaborate on the differences? Or on the advantages of the Loake shoes? How about the durability? Can someone explain a bit more... I am not very familiar with these shoes..

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i asked about the quality of loake's before.... all opinions i got were on the negative.

pejsek

Reaction score
The Loakes I've seen second-hand have been uniformly dreadful--the kind of thing that could bring down an entire ensemble with barely a shrug. The Bexleys look much nicer in every way. And since they seem to be by far a better deal, I would go with those. (Actually, what I would really do is try to ferret out s.thing truly great on sale or second hand, but then that's more of a philosophical inquiry. If you need the shoes now and for a purpose the Bexleys appear to be a good bet.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40