1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me decide a leather weekend bag

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by f-tard, Aug 5, 2011.

1. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

I just read through a ton of search archives on weekend bags. Need some opinions for a leather weekend bag. I'm looking for something for weekend trips (drives or carry-on) that can hold enough clothes for a couple days and no more. Don't want something too big. I know there's always a debate about weight/practicality of leather, but I'd still prefer leather. Whisky/Tan would be even more awesome. I don't have too much of a budget, thinking $200-$350 would be ideal. I know this pretty much prices out a lot of the nicer stuff like Glaser, Lotufclegg, Mulberry, Mulholland and such. Any suggestions? So far this is what I've found:

- Cutter & Buck Weekender ($162) 11.25H x 19W x 9D - Pretty darn cheap and looks good...but not sure about the quality
    - Floto Venezia ($299) 11H x 21W x 10D - Positive SF reviews, people seem to like this one quite a bit.
    - Jack Spade ($276-$395) 12.5H x 20.5W x 9D - Tobbacco looks great but it's not on sale, strap isn't leather also
    - Custom Hide Weekender ($369) 11H x 22W x 10D - Not sure if I like this design as much, looks aesthetically a bit too stiff

Any thoughts between these four? I'm open to recommendations as well. I couldn't find any leather filson's are there any other good affordable brands that I'm missing? Thanks.

2. tumadre

tumadre Active Member

The Floto Venezia is the sharpest looking one IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

3. JJGooden

JJGooden Senior Member

Taking cost into consideration, my preference ordering would be this:

1. Floto
    2. Cutter & Buck
    3. Jack Spade
    4. Weekender

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior Member

I've had a Floto for about a year. It's held up well despite being banged up on planes, trains and automobiles mostly in Italy, the Caribbean and a half dozen US cities. Holds a lot of clothes for a duffle. You can buy one new on Ebay from the company for a lot less than $300.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

5. kentyman

kentyman Senior Member

Anyone have any recommendations on what polish to use to touch up any scratches on the Floto? I actually have this Cenzo Vecchio, which as far as I can tell is nearly identical to the Floto Venezia.