1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me choose SR Tailors, I like slim suits (TF, BB)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Barons, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Barons

Barons Member

Hello all,

I have been looking at the different houses, I own a TF, BB and a G&H M2M I would like your advice.

I do want a little bit of a fashion leaning, the suit needs to fit well and to me the drape style does not give that look.

I was going to use Richard James but dealing with their non bespoke store was not a particularly pleasant experience.

I am looking to buy Bespoke and mix in with M2M or altered Off the peg, primarily from BB or TF but if the house also does off the peg or M2M that would be a bonus.

I would be very grateful to hear your recommendations.

I am 6ft, slim (36in chest).

I wasn't overly happy with the cut of the m2m G&H.

Thanks for any advice/help.

2. Penfold

Penfold Senior member

Ozwald Boateng is surely your choice here.

3. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Steed Bespoke.

You won't go wrong. They are top notch.

4. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

He doesn't want a drape style suit. Check out Thom Sweeney.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  5. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Or Spencer Hart

6. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Edward Sexton, no doubt.

Especially if you want a fashionable tailor, not a fashion stylist.

7. Barons

Barons Member

Thom Sweeney is a good call but I was looking for a more established SR house that can be a little bit flexible with their clients desires.

I want somewhere for 20 years..

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It would seam that you are setting yourself up to fail if you expect the old SR guard to make you a fashion-forward suit. If you don't like the drape cut, you are contradicting yourself by insisting on a long established SR tailor. Maybe the correct question is, if you are looking for fashion forward, why Savile Row?

9. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

I concur this wont end well. Study a house style and pick a styling that you can see yourself wearing.

10. Barons

Barons Member

Wise comments but I don't think expecting it to be tweaked to a clients tastes (we are talking narrower Trousers as an example) as being incompatible to Savile Row.

What I'm asking is who you would chose, What House style will be closer to this than others.

Perhaps I am wrong in dismissing the drape style, it is more that I prefer a more fitted look.

Many of the SR Tailors produce these kind of suits, I've seen them. A&S being one.

Would really appreciate your thoughts.

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote: Uh.../thread?

1 person likes this.
  12. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Thom Sweeney and is about as good as it gets. If you are interested in a house with years of experience I would check out Henry Poole. They made a suit for David Gandy that was close fitting. In all honesty there just aren't that many pictures that are circulating the web. And the majority of the posters on this forum aren't using the other big name saville row tailors.

13. Barons

Barons Member

Thanks lordsuperb, genuinely helpful.

I've been into to Henry Poole and they are top of my list.

If you think that SR tailors won't "compromise" house style or certain aspects then you must be pretty naive about who is paying the £4k plus for a suit.

I'm not suggesting they will be like TF suits but the general point of a bespoke suit is that it's tailored to you.

I've spoken with a number of them and every single one so far has been very happy to do the above.

It's about establishing a relationship with them over time, which is what I want to do and get some beautiful bespoke suits!

14. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

What do you mean by this - were the staff in the Savile Row shop rude or something??
    I've been contemplating visiting RJ for a MTM.

15. Barons

Barons Member

They were not rude, just entirely unhelpful.

There is a gulf in service between their bespoke store & Off the Peg.

16. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Huntsman or Richard Anderson.