• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me choose new buttons for my navy blazer

crpz32

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new blazer. Had it tailored and it fits great (sorry no pix).
However, I'm not sold on the buttons. I like the buttons themselves, but they are surrounded by very shiny silver trims that can blind a man (they don't seem as bright in the pictures, but trust me on this) in sunlight.
original.jpg

So I went ahead and purchased some vintage buttons. Let me know your thoughts. They are side by side with the originals for comparison. I like the vintage button set with the wolf (?) crest (the original blazer buttons appear as if they are cheap imitations of these) but they are just a tad smaller than the other buttons. Do you guys think they would still work? Too dark?

Edit: I did a search on the phrase "Je Maintiendrai" on the vintage button set and it turns out they are the Coat of arms of the Netherlands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of...he_Netherlands
Nifty.
vert1.jpg
vert2.jpg

crpz32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
I like the Netherlands buttons. I probably wouldn't wear them though since I have no Dutch ancestry or other ties.

I passed through Amsterdam airport last week on my way to NYC, so I should be ok.

Reaction score
There is something epic about the tallship though it may make your blazer appear to be a little costumey. Go with one of the other two. Perhaps the more muted gold?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads