• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HELP matching pants, blazer and shoes

Gunner80

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new to forum as well as to dress/business attire. Just a little background....... Im a young physician starting in private practice. For the past 5 years, Ive essentially worn scrubs every day. But all that has changed now. I wear slacks, shirt and tie every day. I occasionally need a blazer to throw on for meetings. In haste, I bought a few blazers, and lots of shirts and slacks without thinking of matching them together. To make things worse, I dont really have the greatest eye for coordinating colors. Hopefully, you guys can help me out with a few issues.

1. I have a grey wool blazer (see pic). I assume I can wear that with any pair of dark pants....black, navy, charcoal, dark grey? Is it okay that most of my pants either have pin stripes or a plaid pattern?

2. When can/should I wear brown shoes (I have a medium/dark brown)? I know that I should wear them with khaki or tan pants, but when else? Most of my pants are dark, except for a pair of khaki and taupe pants.

3. What can I wear with a black blazer? Does it go with khaki or taupe pants? If it does, do I wear black or brown shoes?????

Thanks in advance for the help

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gunner80
1. I have a grey wool blazer (see pic). I assume I can wear that with any pair of dark pants....black, navy, charcoal, dark grey?

Most of these would work, except for black. Black trousers should generally be avoided.

Is it okay that most of my pants either have pin stripes or a plaid pattern?

Plaid can be fine as long as you have an eye for matching patterns. Pin-stripes should generally be reserved for suits and not worn as odd trousers.

2. When can/should I wear brown shoes (I have a medium/dark brown)? I know that I should wear them with khaki or tan pants, but when else? Most of my pants are dark, except for a pair of khaki and taupe pants.

Depending on the shade, brown shoes can be worn with almost every colour except black.

3. What can I wear with a black blazer?

Not much, a black blazer doesn't really go with anything but jeans.

Does it go with khaki or taupe pants??

Nope.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazersuit made with 8-9 oz. scrubs. Problem solved and you will be a pioneer.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.