• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help, looking for solid color very light weight, long sleeve, pullover cotton tshirts

superthin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly I need to know what is the lightest weight by ounce I will be able to find online for a long sleeve solid color cotton t-shirt? The best I can find so far is about a 5.2oz pullover. But I don't really know how thin that is... and I want a solid color which these are night. Can someone give me a website that compares the differences? like 5.1, 5.5 5, 7, 8 9 10, etc?

I need several ultra light weight, solid color, long sleeve t-shirts for a trip I am planning to a malaria region. I live overseas these are a pain to find, I found one today claims to be an XL but actually it is like a medium. It is ultra light weight cotton, if I hold it up to my eyes I can see through it a little, this would be perfect due to the hot temperature of the place I am going. Can someone give me an idea of what weight this t-shirt would be? Is that under 5.2? Or like a 4.5 or something like that?

What I need is this.

Light weight, very light weight - will be used in temperatures around 90F / 30C. and will be walking outside alot.
long sleeve - mosquito protection in malaria region.
cotton - need I explain why. I know some colors will need a little bit of polyester, but am hoping for 100% cotton when possible.
light colors like white, light greys, light browns, etc. - mosquitos are attracted to dark colors.
pullover - i just think it is easier to have a pullover.
Size - XL to XXL, I am about 6'3, thin, but tall. I like things comfortable not tight. Mostly an XL will probably due.
crewneck - Simple, easy.

If still not clear, I can give you a few webpages of similar things I am looking at, the problem with those places is the ounce. They are going to be too heavy I think.

I have checked some websites, including ebay, sierra, cabelas, orivs, and a few others, but the lightest I can find is like 5.2-6oz, which I think is going to be too heavy, though I really need to know just how thick is a 5.2oz shirt. anyone have one and have good resolution pics of one?

If someone can give me some sites that I can go to to buy something like this I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.