• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

help: is this ebay item legit?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
82
Originally Posted by embowafa
I know this is definitely a pre-owned jacket, but is this Lanvin jacket legit at $10???? Looks kinda shapeless but since the shoulders fit, I'm thinking about getting it and altering the daylights out of it. thoughts? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
Lanvin had a USA licensee in the 70s and 80s. This is probably from then & there. The stuff was OK but nothing like the current revival of the line.
 

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
6,552
Reaction score
113
Originally Posted by mack11211
Lanvin had a USA licensee in the 70s and 80s. This is probably from then & there.

The stuff was OK but nothing like the current revival of the line.


worth it, in your opinion??

(BTW, I'm waiting on a bunch of your sport coats to be updated with sizes and measurements!)
 

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
82
Originally Posted by embowafa
worth it, in your opinion??

(BTW, I'm waiting on a bunch of your sport coats to be updated with sizes and measurements!)


Then hold. Less than 12 hours, I swear.

I've got much better stuff than this!
 

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
6,552
Reaction score
113
Originally Posted by mack11211
Then hold. Less than 12 hours, I swear.

I've got much better stuff than this!


Thanks.
 

beasty

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
968
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by embowafa
I know this is definitely a pre-owned jacket, but is this Lanvin jacket legit at $10????

Looks kinda shapeless but since the shoulders fit, I'm thinking about getting it and altering the daylights out of it.

thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting


Second what mack said. I havent seen that Lanvin label in the wares in their boutique. But that doesnt make it a fake though. Also beware of Balenciaga. Their licensed products in Hong Kong are even cheaper than Gap but I see many of them selling on ebay at quite a high price.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
429,210
Messages
9,230,346
Members
193,758
Latest member
Maikkelj
Top