• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP! Is my dress shirt too tight/ too short

Nimrod

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post in a forum ever... But I have doubts about a shirt I have -Actually are several, but are quite similar in size and I could extrapolate your answers to several of them-.
So the point is I like to wear fit shirts in a casual way. My body allows it as i´m slim and some day will be athletic...

My worries are:
-Is this shirt way too short or I can get away with it?
-Is my shirt too tight?

There are two things I wouldn´t like to look like: A stylishless wierd guy or a gaysh man -I wouldn´t mind if I was but it is not the case-. I love to wear slim fit shirts and I´m going to continue wearing them but sometimes I don´t know if I´m loosing perspective.
I hate to blurry my face and that so I put these silly faces but my post is serious and I need serious answers!
Just one more thing my postures are may look forced in some of the pics: it is to show wheter the tension of the shirt make it look snuggish or not.

As I was saying, I´m posting some pics for you to check and give me an answer. I´m sorry but I feel quite shy about showing my face and all that. Another thing for u to know, I´m from europe where maybe things are different but I would really apreciate your opinions.

Thanx,
Nimrod

michaeljohnr

Reaction score
I'm a new guy around here but here goes.

Wear darker jeans, tuck the shirt in, get a nice belt and your sleeves are too long.

If you are going untucked, wear darker jeans and some really nice shoes. No sneakers.

Mostly your sleeves are too long.

Also looks kind of tight across your upper back.

analyzethat

Reaction score
This shirt is a dress shirt, not a casual button down so you will have to tuck it in and wear with slacks and Oxfords. It may be short for a shirt you tuck in.

Other than that, fit looks fine from what I can tell.

Jakethedrummer

Reaction score
I analyzed that last post and I have to say I agree with analyzethat, you should definitely tuck in the shirt, but otherwise the fit is fine. If you feel it is too tight maybe you should get a looser cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads