Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help! In search of a certain style of hanger

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hitemup, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

Does anyone know where to purchase this type of hanger? Â I want the integrated trouser clamp with the large ends in a blonde wood color. Â thestoragestore.com has it posted but they are actually organizeverything.com which is not stocking the blonde wood anymore. Â if anyone knows, please help me out. Â Thanks. [​IMG][​IMG][/url][/IMG]

2. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

3. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

Talked to Robert Carlton, they can do the width on the ends but do not offer the integrated clamp. Thanks anyways Grayson.
    Anyone? Anyone?

4. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

Well, I tried. Not that you asked me, but why would you want to use that trouser mechanism anyway? The hangers I own from Robert Carlton have the traditional bar which help the trousers maintain a crease far better, I should think, than that mechanism. Further, the bar, cleverly, has a light film (wont damage the cloth) to prevent the trousers from "magically" traveling and bunching up while hanging in the closet. You might want to give it a second thought.
    Grayson

5. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

I was a hardcore advocate of the trouser bar for quite some time but over the last year I have developed a liking for the integrated clamp. To each their own.

6. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

If you can live with a darker wood color, the exact same product can be had at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I think it is called the Euro-Hanger. (I'm not sure about this, however.) I am currently using this style of hanger for all my suits. Price, if memory serves, is $12.95.

7. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

Bed bath and beyond and organize-everything.com sells it in a mahogny. I was hoping to find them in a light color which is odd since I enjoy dark woods. Sometimes I'm a little anal. Thanks

8. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

$12.95 at BB&B or for $3.33 you can buy a Walgreens hanger and tie a ChipClip™ to it with some twine. j/k

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

[​IMG]

10. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

I bought a lot of 50 Dresswell and Setwell vintage-esque trouser-bar hangers at a flea market last year. They have huge shoulders and very wide ends, and are all blonde hardwood. One of the best $50 I've ever spent; the only problems are that they require a lot of closet space, and don't have any of those little ridges on the bar that keep the trousers from slipping (but, since I have discovered the Savile Row trouser-hanging method, this is no longer a problem). I am constantly keeping my eye out for similar hangers, but have yet to come across any. *sigh*

11. WJTW

WJTW Well-Known Member

Hmm, what is the Savile Row trouser hanging method? Mind sharing it with me/us? [​IMG] WJTW

12. misterbowles

I forget where I learned this, but it was most probably here...

Pass one trouser leg through the hanger and fold it so the cuff is a bit short of the crotch, then pass the other on top of it and through the other side of the hanger. No slippage.

13. thelakes

thelakes Active Member

You saw it in Esquire magazine.

14. misterbowles

Aha. That was it.

15. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I have a hanger like the one pictured (given to me by an Uncle, years ago). It was made by Bogerie. Hangerworks.com has a similar hanger, but it's beech with a cherry finish, so it doesn't meet your requirements for a natural finish.