• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help in Choosing a Car

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'd like some help in choosing a car. I lived in the city for the last five years so I didn't really need a car. I had a couple of different motorcycles instead. I'm living in a smaller city now and I need a vehicle again. I only recently graduated university and I've paid off my student loads so I don't have much for a down payment right now. I'm earning about $65,000 a year.

I've thought about a CPO BMW 335i or 328i but they are kind of on the high side of what I want to spend.

I've also considered the older, E46 330ci but I don't know much about their reliability. They are quite reasonably priced right now.

I've also considered the Infiniti FX35 crossover SUV.

My commute to work is only 10 minutes so there isn't much concern there. I do need something that is decent on winter roads. Since I don't have a motorcycle anymore, I'd like a car that is fun to drive.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I've love the look of the A4 but I test drove one and I hated the 2.0T motor. It doesn't feel like it belongs in a German sedan.

fffffut

Reaction score
if you want something fun to drive, you might want to check out a gti
theyre pretty reasonably priced and great all around

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^lol

If you don't want to pony up for a bmw and are not averse to Infiniti, then why not a used g37 coupe? It's no sports car but it's not underpowered and you can get it with a 6 speed. Not my favorite car but it's a lot of car for the money and would never give you problems. I agree that a 335i may be overreaching at your current income, you don't want to be paying on a car that costs over half your salary, and then pay $5k a year or more on insurance and gas.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.