• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help identifying year of Ferragamo shoes, if they are genuine, how to restore

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Dear all:

First of all, thank you for having me here. I am a new member. Kindly allow me to apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate forum for me to post this thread.

I have recently purchased a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo driving shoes, but I cannot identity the model or year they are from.

Under normal circumstances, I only buy models that I see on the Internet and know that are genuine, but I have never seen this model on the Internet, and, therefore, I am wondering if these shoes are genuine or fake.

These are my questions:

(1) Based on the photos, are they real or fake?

(2) If I intend to sell them one day, which price do you think would be fair?

(3) If they are real, would be so kind as to try to help me to discover how old they are or the year or decade they were made?

(4) If they are real, is it possible to restore them to pristine condition? Sadly, the interior of the shoes have some minor stains.

Photos attached below:

Soles

Soles: It says Made in Italy

Serial number: I cannot decipher it

Thank you for your help in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Anderson

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 100 34.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%