• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying this style of coat

OTDR

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, I was fully expecting comments such as that one.
Keep them coming because they're actually hilarious ?

OTDR

Reaction score
This one from Veilance is similar sans buttons/pockets.

What is your puke rating on this blazer, Phileas Fogg?
1 being projectile vomiting to 10 being a dry heave.

VLC-23291_7EBlack.jpg

OTDR

Reaction score
Guys, I am starting to get concerned about Phileas Fogg. He normally replies at the drop of a hat.

Does anybody know if he's ok? ?

Panama

Reaction score
I would just send Dave a tweet, unless he was drunk he should know what he wearing. Start off with world hunger and casually mention the jacket from 2010.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know who made that, but it looks vaguely in the tradition of Paul Harnden. I don't think Veilance will give you a similar vibe. Veilance is very modern and almost futuristic. The suit in that video is referencing an imagined past, sort of dark avant-garde.

There's a forum called Style Zeitgeist that somewhat centers around these types of looks. It might be worth posting this video there to see if anyone has suggestions.

OTDR

Reaction score
I don't know who made that, but it looks vaguely in the tradition of Paul Harnden. I don't think Veilance will give you a similar vibe. Veilance is very modern and almost futuristic. The suit in that video is referencing an imagined past, sort of dark avant-garde.

There's a forum called Style Zeitgeist that somewhat centers around these types of looks. It might be worth posting this video there to see if anyone has suggestions.
That is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I do truly appreciate it!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I do truly appreciate it!

No problem! Best of luck. If you like the kind of look in that video, the Streetwear and Denim side of the board is worth a visit. People there tend to be more open-minded and the convo is much more positive.

There are a few members who are much more familiar with that kind of dark avant-garde look than me. If you want to poke around some more, Random Fashion Thoughts is a general discussion thread.

At the very least, some people there may be able to give you an idea of where to shop for such a look. I'm not as well versed in this aesthetic, so I'm of limited help. If I was to shop around for that, however, I would start with LVR and SSENSE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads