• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying tag of Sartorio Napoli coat (better pics)

Wicky

Reaction score
I need some help identifying/confirming the maker of a Sartorio Napoli overcoat I stumbled onto in Italy last week in an outlet for a price that I just couldn't resist.

Pics are poor (phone) but nevertheless I hope enough to come to a conclusion.

Personally I think it is a Sartorio Napoli made by Cesare Attolini, but I am not 100% sure.

Inside tag:

sartorioinnertag1.jpg

sartorioinnertag2.jpg

Here is a Cesare Attolini tag for Luciano Barbera Collection Sartoriale. I think they are the same.

snlbcs.png

Opinions?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That second tag also looks like a tag I saw in Faconnable Sportcoat that was made in Italy and just spectacular.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to say no as the layout looked different, (The area with mod. tes.) but I think below that the label matches. I'd love to see the coat itself.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
I was going to say no as the layout looked different, (The area with mod. tes.) but I think below that the label matches. I'd love to see the coat itself.

The 2nd pic of the label is indeed identical while in the first pic there is a small difference.

Pic of the Sartorio tag itself.

I only know of two makers of the Sartorio Napoli line, Attolini and Kiton and the latter has a different tag. Construction wise its awesome, full canvas construction, soft shoulder, sleeves ready (lining split) for functional surgeon cuffs, horn buttons. Its brown/green herringbone patern 100% wool with a velvet color. I might sell it and will let you know M.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wicky what more did you get? hit me up if you got any eu 54 or 52 shizzle

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
I was under the impression that Sartorio Napoli was a line produced by Attolini which is catered to a younger, trendier market.

You may also find some more info here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=24109

Thanks I checked those indeed. I am aware Sartorio was started by Attolini, but at some point in time (no idea as of when though) it went to Kiton exclusively and Attolini came with Stile Latino instead I believe.

Any other views?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Partenopea also has made some for Sartorio.

I have an Attonlini Sartorio, I may be able to tell if I saw the button holes.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

Thanks Anti, I have some Partenopea and these tags are nothing similar. I will try to get some pics up tonight of buttonholes.

Guero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
It is now. It hasn't always been made by Kiton.

Interesting. Do you know when that happened? Has the logo always been the same or did it evolve under Kiton?

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guero
Interesting. Do you know when that happened? Has the logo always been the same or did it evolve under Kiton?

I think the Sartorio logo remained the same, the inside labels in the pockets of the jacket with the fabric details, lining, size, cliente etc. on the other hand seem very different (hence my question).

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

Anti, as requsted, detailed pics of the button hole etc. Hope this helps determining the maker....

Pics of the Sartorio buttonhole in the lapel.

Pics of buttons on sleeve, holes still need to be cut through

sartoriosleevebuttons.jpg

Pic of entire Sartorio Napoli coat

sartorionapolicoat.jpg

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attolini for sure. Very beautiful coat! You are lucky!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads