• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Identifying Ermengildo Zegna Suit

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Hi, I just found an Ermengildo Zegna suit at Goodwill and am not particularly aware of Zegna's line. Can anyone tell me about this suit and it's approximate value; both what it was new and what a fair price would be in the Marketplace? Thanks

Last edited:

reidrothchild

Reaction score
It's a 56L (assuming that it's Italian sizing), so your market is limited right off the bat to fairly large guys. It's a hard three button suit with smallish lapels and pleated trousers, so its styling is fairly outdated (probably made in mid to late 90's). Even if it was with a more common size 38(48) to 44(54), I don't think this suit would hold much appeal for the average SFer. Throw it up on eBay for a hundred bucks or so, and maybe somebody will grab just based on the brand.

Last edited:

TMAdidas

Reaction score
It's a 56L (assuming that it's Italian sizing), so your market is limited right off the bat to fairly large guys. It's a hard three button suit with smallish lapels and pleated trousers, so its styling is fairly outdated (probably made in mid to late 90's). Even if it was with a more common size 38(48) to 44(54), I don't think this suit would hold much appeal for the average SFer. Throw it up on eBay for a hundred bucks or so, and maybe somebody will grab just based on the brand.
Thanks, sounds like a plan. Paid $5 for it, so $100 sounds great.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second hand tat, you may find a fool will buy it - for $5.00

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably from the early 2000s. Right before they switched to the plain black "Ermenegildo Zegna" label, but still just after they started with the newer make tags. I've seen it the other way too, new Zegna label and old make tags.

The "AILES" tag suggests that it was sold at a store called "Ailes" (duh...) located in Canada, but not probably not MTM.

Single-pleat trousers, pinstripe, made in spain, hard 3 button and ticket pocket...you'd probably get 100 bucks for it on Ebay. It's a quality suit, no doubt, but a bit dated looking. Some people love the ticket pocket option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads