1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help Identifying Bench Made in USA Polo Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by petitnoblesse, Aug 13, 2012.

1. petitnoblesse

petitnoblesse Senior member

I did a little searching already and saw that it could be Ansewn (Alden Cape Cod), Alden, or AE.

I'm leaning towards AE for these shoes. Anyone else have a suggestion?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

3. highlifeman

highlifeman Senior member

Interestingly, I just picked up a pair with the same markings/heels, etc., and was wondering the same thing. My research has led me to conclude they were Ansewn, now defunct , based on the following 1.) Heels don't match those typically produced by AE or Alden that I've seen- it matches Ansewn shoes made in the '80's & '90's I have seen on AAAC, and 2.) To my knowledge, AE and Alden generally don't produce "benchmade" shoes.
    I have heard Alden bought the old Ansewn factory to produce their lower Cape Cod line, but I do not believe these shoes are from that line, but are older and were produced by Ansewn themselves in the late 90's perhaps before they shut down.

Would definitely be interested in hearing what others think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont have a pic of the interior size markings etc., handy, but are about the same as in your pic except for the size.