• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP I need a suit but I'm tiny

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
This is me and my older brother Ken, who also happens to be a 34S. This is before I found SF so lets keep the comments to a minimum please.
brent1.jpg

BLACK PINSTRIPE???!!!
crazy.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the gangster who disguises himself as a baby.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
That reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the gangster who disguises himself as a baby.

with a cigar and a five o' clock shadow, right?

thisisme

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaptChaos
Try Harry Rosen at Oakridge Mall. They carry a decent number of smaller sizes due to the high asian population in the area.

that would've been one of my first choices however my bankroll isn't on that level yet.

catscratchclub

Reaction score
Hi, the advice to go to Harry Rosen Oakridge was very good. The Oakridge location does seem to have a larger selection of smaller sizes. I was there today and saw a Copley suit 34s. They also had a 35s. I beleive they were either charcoal or navy pinstripe. Harry's has a sale upcoming (I beleive it's starting next week). It's a safe bet that these suits will be at a small discount. I think they were about $1100.

Sounds expensive, but if you can save a little more they might be a good option.

You other option is to go MTM (which will cost you more), or go bespoke at a tailor. YOu can probably findn someone who could do a suit for 700-800 bucks (the fabric will be nothing impressive though).

Honestly, the difference is worth it. For $500 bucks you aren't going to get a great suit. For the extra 500-600 bucks you are going to feel alot more confident about yourself. If you're using the suit for an interview, all the more reason to spend that extra amount (think of it as an investment). Obviously I don't know your financial situation, but if you can save the extra money by not going out to restaurants/bars for a month or two, I'd highly reccomend it. If you're a single father raising kids and it's a choice between feeding said kids, or buying a nicer suit, I guess the choice is obvious.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
A sale just started at Harry Rosen. Up to a 1/3 off some suits, jackets, pants and shoes.

I would be worth your while to see if they have anything you like in your size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads