1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help I.D. this painting?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ETW, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ETW

ETW Well-Known Member

I don't know a single thing about paintings. This is on a door in a Massachusetts house built in 1928. Could it be an original painting from the '20s? Trying to get any information on it. If anyone knows or could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

2. BerryWall

BerryWall Senior member

It could be a panel from a three panel screen. The painting looks as though it is part of a larger picture. Screens were often painted in such styles on canvas and mounted to a wooden frame/s. It is done in a pastoral style that references earlier european paintings as well as tapestries. If you have an auction house or antique dealer/s in your area, I would have them come to take a look. Given the state in which you live, I imagine that there are plenty of antique dealers to consult.