• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP! Having trouble deciding what jacket to buy! Links inside.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you look like; your skin color and hair color, for instance.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolo Tony Brown Sound.

The first one is less ugly than the second.

shamuboa

Reaction score
The backside of both jackets are terrible. I'd pick the first if I had to choose.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
I am about 6 foot and I am a Filipino with black hair. Eh looks like the consesous is bad so far. Well does anyone have any suggestions for a jacket with the same look with a $150 under price tag?

arlee

Reaction score
from the pics of the jackets you chose i'd say just wrap a potato sack around yourself and call it a day

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Second one is ugly, but I like the first one. It's not too loud but the pattern is still quite nice. I have a brown sound coat and the fit and quality are both good. I've worn it for about a year and the inside pocket has torn but otherwise it's great.

fosho

Reaction score
I think they are both good, but you have to consider how each fits in with your wardrobe. Do you already have a jacket that's the same color as either one? What color shoes do you wear most often? Try to picture each one with the clothes you wear most often and then decide which is best.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arlee
from the pics of the jackets you chose i'd say just wrap a potato sack around yourself and call it a day

Cool thanks for the input man. And fosho I usually wear these llbean moccasins and these white vans authentic. Eh will from what everyone's saying the first is better.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Nothings wrong with a pea coat its just i dont feel like wearing one to high school. Actually ill probably end up buying that brown sound for school and a pea coat or duffle coat for when i go out to the city or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads