Help! Gum on jacket ... :(

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Girardian, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Some inconsiderate soul left gum on the side of a chair at a very swanky locale to which I was wearing a very swanky jacket. I'm concerned due to the delicate fabric (linen/cashmere blend) about how I attempt to remove this spot of gum.

Any suggestions?

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Stick your jacket in the freezer for an hour or so. The gum will freeze and become brittle so that it can be carefully picked off your jacket.

3. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Stick your jacket in the freezer for an hour or so. The gum will freeze and become brittle so that it can be carefully picked off your jacket.

It already appears "rubbed in" to the fabric somewhat. I'm not sure it will be able to be picked off. I will try this, but any other suggestions?

4. oldmoney

oldmoney Member

You might want to try Motsenbockers Lift Off 2. It is a gum and adhesive remover. I used it to remove an old dry cleaning tag that was nearly welded to the material.
    I found a small travel size of the three different types at Ace Hardware. #1 is for food and beverages, #2 for adhesives and #3 for ink and markers. The #3 does remove permanent pen marks. Good luck.