Help for a tie shirt to match this blazer

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by kbuzz, Apr 17, 2016.

1. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Hello so I bought this crazy blazer for next to nothing but having a total brain freeze on what color shirt and tie to wear it with. It's so out of my usual conservative color patter spectrum that I'm flummoxed. Any suggestions appreciated. And yes the tie will probably cost more then the Sportcoat
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Maybe this one?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The color is not that crazy, nor is the pattern. It's just rather large. Maybe a burgundy grenadine or something green could work, as could the blue that you suggested (but not with a blue shirt)/

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Navy, green, and burgundy would all work well with light blue shirts. For trousers, you can go with blue, green, brown, and even a lighter grey.

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

The question is a common, frustrating one. Usually a striped tie (comprised of two colors) is one of the better solutions. Tie choice (fabric, color, and so on) is very much influenced by situation. Also, anything reddish as the main color seldom looks good on red-heads.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

5. thecuff

thecuff Member

This blazer pattern is actually more versatile than you think, even though it's patterned, since it's a neutral grey color. If it was me, I'd probably go with a simple white shirt, knit black tie combination, with navy trousers, but you could experiment with any number of neutral shirt (white, light blue, light grey) and tie color combinations. Though I'd probably stick with a solid tie to avoid clashing with the jacket's pattern.

www.thecuff.co

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016