Help for a thesis

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by godless, Dec 2, 2004.

1. godless

godless Active Member

Hi there, i'm Gianpiero, an italian guy working on a final thesis for my bachelor degree on some italian fashion firms selling in the US.
    What i need is to find out a list of US shops selling some firms in the United States. Could You please help me posting the shops You know where i can find these firms in the US?
    Tnx in advance.
    The brands are:

Brioni
    Kiton
    Isaia
    Malo
    Brunello Cucinello
    Luciano Barbera
    Annapurna/Aida-Barni
    Avon Celli
    Incotex
    Drumohr
    Ballantyne
    Fay
    Aspesi
    Zegna
    Cruciani

Please, post here the shops in your city where i can find these brands, specifing the name of the shop, city, address, and brands sold.

Thanks a lot.

Gianpiero.

2. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

Kiton, Brioni, and Zegna at Boyds
    Isaia, Incotex, and Luciano Barbara at Wayne Edwards

(Philadelphia)

3. Phil

Phil Senior member

I second that. Also, does that mean you want the names of companies that use these manufacturers, but sell them under their own name? An example would be Isaia, for Brooks Brothers. No Isaia tag, but they still make those suits.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Are you looking to prepare a complete, definitive list? Or just a sample, representative list (that doesn't cover every retailer -- just a sample)? If you're looking for the former, then I think you're effort here will be hopelessly futile. Your best bet, as has already been stated, is to contact each company directly (many or all of which have a US-based rep I'm sure, so you don't have to call Italy). Now that I think about it, another excellent starting point would be Steve Brinkman's book, available here: https://secure.planetlink.com/mensspecialty/special.tpl The book lists the best men's clothing stores and describes what makers are available at each (along with other info). This might be all you need.

5. godless

godless Active Member

I tried companies but they do not know the shops, they told me to contact theyr US agents, i did but they didn't reply me [​IMG] i thought about the book, but i do not need a complete list, i'd just need the best stores in the biggest cities...i'd need a list of more or less 100 stores....if u know any help me plz...just the one you know [​IMG] tnx for the moment for the help you are giving to me. bye [​IMG]

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

If all you need is the best stores in the biggest cities, then Steve's book should be perfect.

Good luck with your thesis....

7. godless

godless Active Member

Well, i don't really need the best stores, i only need the stores where i can find those brands.... And i'm from Italy, so it would take really long to get the book in my hands....[​IMG] tnx anyway to everyone who's gonna help me. Bye