• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help finding oxblood brogues

Welfare Bot

Reaction score
This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm breaking forum decorum with posing a random question in this fashion. I've gotten an idea for a shoe purchase stuck in my head with some fairly specific parameters, and I can't seem to find it to save my life. Here's what I'm looking for: (1) Boots; (2) Brogued; (3) Oxblood/burgundy hue; (4) Burnished finish; (5) Lace-up; (6) Size 11.5 or 12, men's US; and (7) $300 US at the VERY most (still in law school, ya know). Basically, something just like these second-hand ones, but in boot form: http://www.etsy.com/listing/65609707...-allen-edmonds. It's turned out to be quite a bit harder to find than I expected. There's one pair by a company called Swear that fits all the qualifications except the unspoken one that the leather not look like cheap plastic, but besides those, all I've found are a handful of very expensive high-end items. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried Zappos, et al., plus YOOX, eBay, etsy, and dozens of others over the past few days.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Welfare Bot
Unless I'm missing something, the McAlister is a shoe, not a boot. I've already looked through the AE site and didn't find what I have in mind. The Bayfield is roughly the shape I had in mind, but only comes in black and brown: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552
My bad, I thought you wanted a shoe. Go for the Cheaney's then. They're the only Burgundy brogued boots I can think of that aren't an MTO. Edit: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/products/2828.php Trickers Stow in Burgundy...probably too far above your price, though.

Welfare Bot

Reaction score
Awesome, guys; these are beautiful, and exactly what I've been looking for! After a little digging, I gather they're not available for "storefront"-type sales, and it seems most people writing about buying them on these forums just contacted their customer service and worked something out. It sounds like they'll set me back 150GBP and another 30 for shipping (I presume that's the price for them to ship stateside), which works out to just under $300 US with the current rate.

Does all this sound right to those of you who've purchased them? Any more sage advice?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 61 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 116 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 64 18.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 26 7.3%