1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Help finding LOOONG inseams

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kever, Sep 9, 2006.

1. kever

kever Senior member

Hey, I'm looking at getting my brother some nice jeans that more fit his style. He's really tall, and skinny (about 7'1" and 230 lbs) and likes to hide in baggy jeans that don't fit. I'd like to get him a pair of nice, dark jeans that fit well. Not baggy, and not skinny. Similar to a pair of Earnest sewn filsons or something similar. I'd like them to be high quality so they last a long time, as he doesn't buy clothes very often. His size is 38 width and about 38 inseam ( he gets by with 34" inseams because he buys really baggy pants with huge rises/low crotches). Any advice on what brands to check out, and where to order from would be awesome.

Cheers.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I'm not sure if they're available anymore, but the Levis Capital E "skinny stacked" jeans came with ridiculously long inseams so they can be "stacked". My 32 inseam measured 37". I'm sure if you got the 34 or 36 inseams, they would be even proportionately longer. These are great jeans, the fit is awesome, not skin tight but just right skinny and some nice details at a reasonable price ($138)

Dior Homme jeans come with 38" inseams i believe, and APC new standards are about 36"

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

My raw Uniqlos had about a 37" inseam. Not sure if those are available anymore though. APCs about the same. And remember you can open up the hem to get about an extra inch if you don't mind that look.

4. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

My Denime had a ridiculous inseam. I'm 5' 11" and the pants could basically cover my entire foot! I never measured them and had them hemmed right away.

Here they are on Bears http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/denime-66-38-40/. I can't really make sense of their measurements, though. They list something as 45 inches, and something as 35 inches. I assume that's outseam and inseam, which would be way too short for you. I swear they were longer than that though...

5. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

if he likes baggy jeans then he would hate the stacked skinny. it only appeals to certain people.
    i know a lot of jappanese repros supposibly have longer inseems (36+) and they are available in regular fits. APC is long too. i had to hem 3-5 inches on a size 30.

If he likes baggy jeans and you are looking for something raw then i think he would like some evisu's. although this opinion would be unpopular in this forum, im not here to be popular.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I think Samurai come in a fairly long inseam.

Good recommendation on Evisu, I never looked at their inseams so I didn't know the lengths. Next time I go to Japan, I'll probably pick up a pair, without the gulls though :p If you do decide to go Evisu, make sure you go with the Japanese stuff, not the european.

7. faust

faust Senior member

Dior Homme has the longest inseam I've ever seen.

8. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

dior homme-36-37"
    raw uniqlo-37"
    7FAM x-long bootcut-35-336"
    evisu-35-37"
    true religion-35-36"

big and tall department maybe??

9. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

I've got a pair of Earnest Sewn Filson XX's in what's tagged at 34, but it measures closer to 37x38. Will that do?

10. nino

nino Well-Known Member

I wear pretty much the same size as your brother, and although im only 6'5" I wear a 36" inseam. Ive been looking for a pair of dry denim online and it hasnt been that easy. Japanese repros are pretty much out of the question. I have a pair of APC Rescues and Nudie Baggy Bjorns on the way to try out and Ill let you know how long the inseams are. APC makes looooong inseams so Im hopeful about that. Also, I have a pair of Earnest Sewn filsons in 38x36 but I dont wear them because they are pretty tight allover and I dont think really tight jeans work well with someone my size but thats just my opinion.

11. kever

kever Senior member

Grapist, I'll PM you. I've got a few Q's about the jeans and some other stuff.

I went ahead and ordered him some APC's. I'm hoping they fit him, but if not I guess they'll be up on the buy and sell forum in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the help! I'll keep these in mind next time I need/want some new jeans.

12. minya

minya Senior member

Ande Whall, a forum member at superfuture.com, has his own brand of handmade, customized jeans that cost $150 USD per pair. He can make inseams up to a true 40", and the denim he uses is mostly pre-shrunk so length shrinkage should be little. I recommend you get in touch with him as this sounds like exactly what your brother needs.

here's the thread: http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...ad.php?t=13403

it contains sizing information and contact information. Maybe even a 42" inseam is possible? I don't know. Contact Ande!

13. kever

kever Senior member

Can't get the link to work, but thats sounds pretty awesome. Thanks minya!

Ande Whall, a forum member at superfuture.com, has his own brand of handmade, customized jeans that cost $150 USD per pair. He can make inseams up to a true 40", and the denim he uses is mostly pre-shrunk so length shrinkage should be little. I recommend you get in touch with him as this sounds like exactly what your brother needs.

here's the thread: http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...ad.php?t=13403

it contains sizing information and contact information. Maybe even a 42" inseam is possible? I don't know. Contact Ande!

14. minya

minya Senior member

The site is down right now but it will be back shortly.

15. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Promise it will be back shortly? I want so bad to be the first to point out the new Red Moon site...[​IMG]