Help finding good belts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jupiter Room, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I'm another fan of Unlucky's belts, he did a reproduction of a SC belt for me and it's awesome...

2. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

I'm another fan of Unlucky's belts, he did a reproduction of a SC belt for me and it's awesome...

His work looks great, but someone wrote "expect a little bleeding from the backs of your belts" and that makes me a bit skeptical. Should I be? Or isn't it really a problem?

3. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

His work looks great, but someone wrote "expect a little bleeding from the backs of your belts" and that makes me a bit skeptical. Should I be? Or isn't it really a problem?
    My experience: I have 2 belts, none bled. I purchased 3 card holders, none bled. 1 more card holder and a repro flathead/iron heart wallet on the way, we'll see.

4. thoran

thoran Active Member

You need to be specific. I mena are you looking for an funky belt or an formal belt for the office use. If, you were looking for an funky belt then go for he monti carlo they have the best .

5. Jupiter Room

You need to be specific. I mena are you looking for an funky belt or an formal belt for the office use. If, you were looking for an funky belt then go for he monti carlo they have the best .

I'm looking for a belt I can wear "every day" with, let's say, black jeans and a black cardigan. I was just having problems finding belt's with black hardware in stores here in Oslo.

Do you have some suggestions on good belt styles? There aren't many post on the topic on this forum, and I would like to get some input on what people here thinks look good (and not)!

Couldn't find the brand you mentioned on google. Link?

6. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

7. Homme

Homme Senior member

Iron Heart. Could stop a bullet.

8. changed

changed Senior member

does H&M sell belts? I'm looking for a variety on the cheap...

9. Jupiter Room

i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

Contacting him now [​IMG] His work looks great to me.

Anybody got some input on what kind of buckle I should get? In WAYWT belts seems a bit neglected on the photos.

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Contacting him now [​IMG] His work looks great to me.

Anybody got some input on what kind of buckle I should get? In WAYWT belts seems a bit neglected on the photos.

he has a picture of the different buckles he uses on his photobucket: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/DSC00924.jpg

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i just ordered two belts from him. one in blue cowhide. one in veg-tanned horsehide.

12. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

billy kirk
    engineered garments
    oliver spencer

13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Filson makes an good old school bridle leather belt. I think it works well with jeans and a variety of shoes and boots. Not exactly fashion forward but has a nice old school slightly steam punk feel to it.

14. thinman

thinman Senior member

+1 on unlucky.. does really amazing work. I was looking at the LGC belts, and how long is the turnaround from payment to shipping?

I've had my LGC belts for several years and don't remember the exact turnaround time, but IIRC it was 10-14 days. But I think you could email the proprietor and ask. AFAIK, it's a one-man operation. He makes the belts, too.

15. insOma

insOma Member

My best casual belts are from here:

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/

I don't think he has black buckles, though, and he's a one-man operation, so I don't know if he'll ship to Norway. If you like his aesthetic, you should ask.

I just ordered a belt from these guys, after finding this suggestion and looking into it. This is the second thing I've bought after reading suggestions here, the first being a pair of Persol sunglasses that I'm really happy with. Keep up the good advice, everyone!

Here's the guy who makes next bag I'll probably buy: Saddleback Leather Company

I've already bought an Aero leather jacket, again based on ideas I found within online forums.

So far so good.