• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding a photo of a yellow-tan wingtip

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some help, and I'll try to describe as best I can. I am trying to find a photo of yellow-tan wingtips, which I'll describe as tan wingtips that are closer to the yellow side with just a hint of brown. If you can imagine it, this is the kind that would look incredible with a bit of black polish to antique them, and paired with jeans or light grey trousers. I just saw someone with a pair of these at the train station yesterday, but I can't for the life of me find a photo of what I had in mind. I think I've seen these before in a Paul Smith display, but the color is more a rich yellow than tan, and lighter than Lobb gold museum calf, Vass cognac and Crockett and Jones tan. For comparison, I'm looking for a color vaguely like the one on these Towcesters in the light, but not as dull as they seem to be when not in bright light:
p1010499ael7.jpg
Something darker than Lobb ardilla calf, but lighter than museum gold, below:
jl_2001.jpg
Lighter and a bit more yellow than this Kiton:
kitoncap01oe0.jpg
Lighter and a bit more yellow than these St. Crispin's
000402ew8.jpg
A bit less brown and a little brighter than Vass cognac:
ulast3eyeletlondoncognaczm5.jpg
A bit less brown and a little brighter than C&J antique tan:
item1-11.jpeg
If anyone has seen what I'm thinking of and has a photo, I'd appreciate it if you'd post the photo of this yellow-tan wingtip I'm trying to visualize. Thanks!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you looked at the tan C&J Cliffords from Ben Silver or the wingtips on the brooksbrothers site, currently on clearance?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Towcester but those shoes are amazing! Does anybody have a model name or what they usually go for?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grimslade: Yes; didn't find the shade I'm looking for.

Chips: They're just "ordinary" Lobbs, though they get slightly interesting when you find the "spectator" models.

My problem is they come in Ardilla, but that's really a pale color outside showroom lights:

jl_adelaide.jpg

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could get a pair of Marteganis and have Rider strip the color off them or maybe even stain them to the shade you desire.

dl

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could but I'm having a heckuva time describing the shade I want!

Has anyone else see it?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess this really is the range, and getting something that's too yellow with less of a brown tint will get you something that's too bright or too pale.

Here's Berluti's version:

B0348_avant.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could take one of the photos above and tweak it with Photoshop to the shade you're looking for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads